Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Something to flip over - literally

I got up about 6:45. I heated water and made coffee. I brushed and swished and listened to a QnA with epidemiologist professor Knut Wittkowski. He said only herd immunity will stop a virus. Herd immunity will prevent a second wave. Social distancing and closing schools is slowing down our getting herd immunity and will cause the second wave. We should not believe that we are more intelligent than mother nature who so far has made sure we are a good match for the diseases that we happen to see every year.
I listened to a string of interviews and audios while tapping and cleaning. I chose the ones Chris would most not want to hear. Then I made breakfast and ate it outside in the sun, reading my book. Afterward, I took a shower and sprayed vinegar on the mold/mildew around the tub and on the shower curtain. I put on my facemask and emptied the dust and dirt from the vacuum. I looked at Back To The Future memes on Pinterest and posted one on Facebook. I don't think anyone will see it though because Facebook seems to be blocking me. I looked into herd immunity vs carriers but didn't find any info.
I finished the two black and white face masks while listening to a presentation. Chris came home from work while I was sewing. I paused the audio to go to the post office, but then Chris said he'd been there already and there was no mail. I made two batches of seed crackers and started thinking through how to pack supplements over vacation.
Gabrielle called and said she wanted to bring the inversion table over. I had told her to keep it for a while to see if anyone else was interested and would pay more, but she wanted it gone. I agreed to meet her in the parking lot later. I ate a packet of tuna, and nuts and a can of soup for supper. Our neighbor came over with a bowl of fresh strawberries. They were really good! Then Gabrielle called to say she was on her way. I washed up after supper and got in my car. I met Gabrielle and her husband in the commissary parking lot. They followed me to my house and unloaded an inversion table. I gave her cash. They got it into the garage and set it up by the water heater. Then she tried to show me how to use it, but it wouldn't go. After much fiddling, we got it straight and set for my size. The three of us chatted a while longer, and then they went home.
I watched a video of a Facebook insider talking about how Facebook tracks pages and gives them demerits based on spreading 'misinformation'. I guess I finally racked up too many demerits. There were other articles on the subject of censorship. When Chris was ready, I made my magnesium drink. We watched two episodes of Legends of Tomorrow. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to put the finishing touches on my day.
* It goes with my purse. *

No comments: