Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Changing lanes

I got up at 7:30 and started my supplement routine. I brushed and swished. I listened to an interview with a lady doctor. She said HCQ has to be given early in the progression to be most effective, but FDA and governors are telling doctors that they are not allowed to prescribe it. Only hospitalized patients can have it. Chance of death from heart arrhythmia due to HCQ is roughly 1 in a million according to FDA's data on prescriptions.
I made and ate breakfast early, and took a shower. I rounded up everything I needed for the day and put two masks in an envelope. Then I went to Ruth's for a massage.
Gabrielle was not there yet, so the owner asked me to wait outside since they had a limit of 10 people in the store. There was no chair so I leaned against a post until Gabby showed up. Then we went in together. I used the restroom while she put new sheets on the massage table. When I got to the little room, we talked about this Covid business and shared all the new stuff we'd come across. Finally we started the massage. But the conversation did not change, so it wasn't such a relaxing time. Afterward, we met in her office. I noticed she had an inversion table in her office. She wanted to get rid of it so we discussed it a bit. It would not fit in my car.
From there, I went to the church. Linda was just leaving. We had a nice chat. She wonders if we are really being told the truth about the virus. After she left, I got the checks from the safe and recorded them in the computer. However, I could not get the reports to print out. I followed all the cables, and found nothing wrong. So I took pics of the report screens. Then I packed up. I set an alarm on my phone for 3:30. I went to see Bertha, who lives near the church. We had a nice visit and she held up her newest project for me to photograph. After an hour of chatting, my alarm went off. We said goodbye and I drove to the bank to deposit the checks. I had to wait at the third drive-thru window. After a while, I realized that the person ahead of me had multiple transactions. So I moved my car to the second lane. But he had multiple transactions too. So when the first lane opened up, I drove into it. The clerk processed my deposit quickly, and I was on my way to base.
I got to the post office by the skin of my teeth. I had a package to pick up and an envelop to mail. It was after 4:30 when I left and went home. I took the midafternoon supplements. I looked up the inversion table on Amazon and read the reviews. They were good. Then I read e-mail and did some tapping until the timer rang. I ate a package of tuna, then made a salad. As I ate the salad at my laptop, I suddenly realized the RCMQG Zoom meeting started 20 minutes ago. I found the link in my e-mail and logged in. The meeting was already in progress, but they hadn't done show-n-tell yet. When they got to it, there was no pic of the project I had sent in. They had a color challenge and a pin cushion challenge, but I hadn't done either one. After the meeting, there was a scavenger hunt. Those of us on the call were divided into four groups. We were told what to find and had to grab it and show it on the screen. I wasn't quite certain if they were looking for speed, or number of items. Anyway, some of the stuff I knew I had but could not find. As ladies left the call, I held up the quilt I made from Glenn's pieces so she could see it.
After the Zoom meeting, I started listening to an interview with Virologist Dolores Cahilll who thinks this virus should be downgraded from a level 4 to a level one because C, D, zinc and HCQ are so successful at preventing and treating the infection. She also said coronoviruses are not transmitted through the air so wearing a face mask doesn't help.
I paused it to watch Legends of Tomorrow with Chris. We saw two episodes. I texted with Jennifer, telling her that we would be seeing my dad next week. Chris spent time with his laptop while I wrote up my blog post and got ready for bed.
* This is Bertha's dragonfly quilt. *

No comments: