Sunday, May 3, 2020

Down by the river

My back hurt when I went to bed last night and I was afraid I might not be able to get up this morning. But, though we stayed in bed late, I was able to get up. I put oil on the itchy spot and sat at my laptop to watch our worship service. I had to cover the links on the right so as not to get distracted. At the end, Stacey and Eric said goodbye to the church and it made me sad. Then I took a shower and got dressed. I watched part of a video on a pleated mask with different style of ties. I decided it wasn't worth the extra time to make the ties. Then I went on to another video.

Michele called me. She wanted to know how to clean her garbage disposal. We talked for close to an hour (although not just about the disposal). Then Chris and I went to Publix for groceries. Most people were wearing masks. I am seeing a lot more handmade ones now. On the way home, Chris wanted to stop at a Mexican place that only does take-out. So we did. He walked to the window to order and I sat in the car. I watched a man sitting on the curb with coconuts ranged beside him. Eventually I walked over to see what was up. He was selling them for $4 to $6 depending on size. I bought a small one. He chopped at one end with a machete. Chris was already in the car with our food, so I joined him and we went home.
We carried the groceries in. I washed the cans and packages. I opened a small hole on top of the coconut and put in a straw. Sipping the water out was not easy because there was no way for air to get in so water could come out. When the water was out, I chipped away at the meat inside while listening to the QnA for Truth about Vaccines. It was a tough job and I came close to regretting my purchase. I also ate the tongue burrito that Chris bought for me. I left most of the wrap behind and Chris finished it off.
I put on my bathing suit, and sat outside and read in the sun - until the chair fabric ripped under me. I continued reading but on the ground. I wondered if I should get a new lawn chair or try to put new fabric over the frame. When I had enough sun, I came in and changed. I listened to something else and did some sewing. I put a Dr Scholls corn cushion on my heel. I hope it really works, otherwise I have to let the Korean doctor burn the corn off.
Chris drove us down to the Tennessee river that flows by the arsenal. NASA floats in big pieces of rockets for testing. But we didn't see any of that. We walked around, looking at the boats on the water, and people sitting at picnic tables enjoying the weather. We came across a turtle in the middle of the road. Chris picked it up and carried it to the nearest boat dock. He placed it in the water and it sank. I was disappointed because Chris said we could watch it swim away. We walked a little further, then returned to the car. On the way back, I asked what the pink flowers were beside the road. Chris stopped and picked one for me. But neither of us knew what it was.
The wind picked up a great deal as we drove home. There was only a tiny bit of precipitation. When we pulled up, we saw our plants were overturned. I brought the hydroponic lettuce in. I noticed that a section of our fence fell down. Chris helped me put it back up, but it did not stay there.
I parsed out practitioner supplements for the week. Chris cooked ground beef from the freezer. Our neighbor texted that fences fell all over the neighborhood. I investigated Black Mirror, and Idiocracy in case they were something we might enjoy watching. But one had disturbing story lines and the other wasn't available. I ate some of the beef Chris cooked. He made it spicy. I also had a few leaves of lettuce. Chris called his parents to assure them that we were ok. I listened to a monologue on Bill Gates. It was not favorable. I paused it so we could sit together and watch The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. It was the second episode on the same disc. And it was quite good. We'll have to order more for next month.
Chris went to bed and I sat down to write my blog and finish the monologue. I had a headache and the left side of my jaw hurt, too.
* The storm didn't last long - just long enough to give Housing a reason to tear down the fences. *

No comments: