Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Dry and dry again

When I got up this morning, I wished Chris a happy birthday. I checked on Dad and he seemed to be dressed, just buckling his belt. So I left him alone and started my morning. But when I checked again, he was still in the same spot. I noticed he was wearing his pajama shirt all tucked in like a regular shirt. He had socks on but not shoes. So I helped him with the shoes. Then he went to the kitchen to do his dentures and make himself breakfast. I gave him a fat bomb and asked him questions.
Dad told me about his band mates in high school so I looked them up, and played their theme song, Stardust. Two were deceased, and one was on Facebook but hasn't posted in two years. The kitchen light blazed and burned out. Patrick took it apart and said the round fluorescent bulbs were bad, and maybe the ballast too. Dad shaved for awhile and then I took over. Then we went for a walk because it looked like rain.
He napped and I called William. Michele came over while I was talking to William. I got Dad to tell her some stories from his childhood. Chris took Patrick to the home improvement store for light bulbs. I gave Dad an egg and casserole for lunch. I scrubbed dirt and backing which had adhered to the floor in the utility room. Patrick and I moved the freezer and he vacuumed behind it. I did more scrubbing off and on for the rest of the day. I also used up all the coconut oil to make fat bombs.
Faye came over with a box fan. We set it in the utility room. We talked about a wide variety of subjects. We discussed Faye's hairdresser, who is now working from her home. Chris heated up chicken and cooked brussel sprouts. Dad wanted to talk about the pain in his back. We could not find a heating pad. Faye decided to buy some lidocaine patches at the drug store tomorrow. I ate supper and then Dad sat down and had some chicken too.
Before Faye left, I showed her how to use my old laptop. She talked to Dad, then wished Chris a happy birthday and left.
I brought in some of the utility room stuff that was out on the porch. I arranged the rug so that Faye's fan would dry it over night. I put all the towels in the washing machine.
I monitored Dad while he took his evening medicine and washed his dentures. He went to the bedroom and I helped him get ready for bed. This time he got in bed the right way. Then I wished him good night and shut the door. I sat at my laptop trying to think of all the things I did today. I played a few games of Solitaire waiting for more memories to arrive. Patrick talked to me about this, that and the other. I put the towels in the dryer and shut the door. Then I finished my blog post and went to bed.
* Virginia is opening up a little. I guess there will be more signs like this one. *

No comments: