Monday, October 19, 2020

Another fabulous day in the armpit of nowhere

I had a hard time sleeping last night because my back hurt. I laid in the recliner with the heating pad till I fell dozed off. Then I went to bed. I wasn't certain I could get out of bed this morning, but I managed. I wondered if digging up gopher tunnels was the problem, but my back never hurts when I do that. I took supplements on schedule and checked e-mail. I had over 800 unread messages and didn't make a dent. I listened to the next episode on vaccines. Since the chicken pox vaccine came out, fewer kids get chicken pox, but more older folks are now getting shingles. I don't think it's a good trade. While listening, I colored in another quilt diagram. At 11:30 I made breakfast. I was eating it when Chris came home with packages from the post office. He asked me to make him a loaf of bread. So after I finished breakfast and some jackfruit, I filled the bread machine with the ingredients and turned it on. I read more e-mail, then went outside to deal with gophers. I collapsed a few tunnels and cleaned up mounds. I dug up part of the back yard where only tumbleweeds grow. I was surprised that there were hardly any stones there, and the dirt wasn't all dried out under the surface. The land was bumpy and I raked it to level. At 4 I came in to lay in the lounger and listen to Holosync for an hour, hoping to take a nap. But it didn't work. At 5 the trumpet played Retreat. (It's awfully cheerful for what it signifies). When I got up, it was time for supper. I ate beef and kimchi, and made a salad. After supper, I planted some jackfruit seeds in a shallow red plate that came from Korea. We had mint soaking in water and some of it had roots. So I planted those as well, in a pot that can stay indoors until spring. I searched for a better price on some supplements, and finally made a decision. I opened the packages from the post office and put the supplements away. Then I added magnesium to the last of the tea. I sipped it as we watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie, which Chris chose for me. It was about a young doctor from New York who ends up in Bluebell Alabama and doesn't quite fit in. There was no bad language and it seemed to be ok. Afterward, Chris pulled a tiny spine from my hand. Then I brushed my teeth and sat down to write my blog. * This is fabric I saw at Joanns a couple of weeks ago. *

No comments: