Thursday, October 15, 2020

Chamomile for the win?

I had a hard time falling asleep last night because of all the tension in my back. It was uncomfortable and a little painful. I woke up early, and noticed Chris was awake before his alarm went off (5:30 I think). I stayed in bed until after my alarm went off at 7:30 but was never able to go back to sleep. I took the first supplement and brushed. I listened to audios from a summit. One recommended large amounts of strong chamomile tea. I found a package of loose leaf chamomile in the pantry, so I made a quart of tea and left it to steep on the stove. I continued reading e-mail. I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch and played his game while eating a sandwich. I sat with a heating pad on my stomach and listened to Del Bigtree's podcast. He interviewed Dr. Bartlett who said he had remarkable results treating virus patients with budesonide. It is a corticosteroid that calms down the inflammation in the lungs. I was going to lay out in the sun, but it was too cool to put on a bathing suit. So I went outside fully dressed (although barefoot) to clean up gopher mounds and dig into their tunnels to put the dirt back. I sprayed down the rocks that came out of the tunnels and put them in the flower bed. Then I watered the spaces where the gophers had eaten the grass, hoping they will fill in. I laid in the lounger and listened to Holosync for an hour. I think I did fall asleep for a short time. Then I saw that William had called. So I called him back. I ate supper. Chris came home late but not as late as he said this morning. He was going to go to mass after work, but it turned out that the priest got turned away at the front gate because his pass expired. I stared at the lock-screen pic for a while, then colored in the quilt diagram. I made more notes on the colors. I looked up some supplements that I had heard about on a podcast and decided one of them was a lot like something I already had. Then I made my magnesium drink and we watched two episodes of Battle Creek (as in Michigan). Sometimes I wonder if the point of the show is to mention the local businesses there. Afterward, it was blog time and preparations for sleep: the true test of the chamomile. * I wish there was a way to color this on my computer. Which is better: the right half or the left half? *

No comments: