Monday, October 19, 2020

I voted!

I got up before 8:30. I started taking my supplements. I checked e-mail and listened to the next episode of the vaccine summit. They said the HPV vaccine has the most aluminum of any vaccine. It was tested against an aluminum placebo and the result was that it produced no more adverse events than placebo. It is responsible for 25% of all adverse event reports. I took a shower and got dressed for church. Then Chris took his shower and got dressed. I changed purses to one that went with my dress. Then we drove to church. We saw Johnnie walking there. I put on my mask as we went through the front door. Four of us conversed around the table that held the bulletins and hand sanitizer. On the screen up front was a countdown to the beginning of the service. That was for the Facebook feed. This time we sat in the second row and the chairs were broken it and more comfortable. The songs were first. Two were modern songs which I had heard in Chinhae but forgot. Then came two hymns. How Great Thou Art, which I knew and could sing. I knew the second song as well, but the way the guitarist played it, I couldn't quite make it out and neither could he. After the sermon about Daniel and Rachel, we sang the last hymn again and this time it went well. After the service, I talked to ladies in the back. One wants to learn to quilt. The pastor's wife showed me the fellowship hall, which will be nice for when the weather gets bad (which could be any time. Warm days are getting fewer.) I thanked the chaplain for putting in hymns. Then we went home. As I made breakfast, Chris wrapped cod in bacon and put it in the oven. He also cooked a spaghetti squash. I listened to a lawyer talk about the German Corona extra-parlimentary Inquiry Committee, which is a group of German lawyers who are bringing a class action suit against the WHO and other organizations for crimes against humanity for their part in the covid situation. When it was over, I went outside to lay in the sun. Then I went through the gopher tunnel from yesterday. Part of it had been redone, but I flattened it. I followed some other tunnels as well, putting in food waste and filling in with dirt. I collected a lot of rocks. I washed some that I thought might be special. I read e-mail as Chris finished putting his laptop back together after disassembling and cleaning it. I could smell the fish wrapped in bacon cooking in the oven. Then he fried up the asparagus in bacon fat. Then we had supper. As I ate, I watched the Huntsville church service. We both got out our mail-in ballots. It was like having an open-book test. There was a Utah gov website that had links to the candidates and the referendums, etc. At a polling place, I would have just made a quick guess for those I didn't know, but having a laptop here, I felt I should look up each candidate and choose that way. Some candidates did not submit a profile to the Utah website. But I did a lot of reading and discussed my thoughts with Chris. That was kind of nice. You can't do that at the polling place. I finished the research to complete the ballot, signed and stamped it. Then I poured the remaining chamomile tea in a cup and added magnesium. I sipped it as we watched the last episode of Battle Creek. Then we watched the first episode of Private Practice. I was not enthused and Chris didn't like it. And he didn't like that I didn't like it. He said I didn't look it up well enough to know there was stuff I wouldn't like. I brushed my teeth and sat down to write my blog post.
* This is my tomato plant, which is now inside for the winter. *

No comments: