Saturday, October 10, 2020

Of Rocks and Gophers

I got up around 7:30. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. Then I took a shower and got dressed. I lit the candle again in case the power went off. I put the TrueDark glasses back in their box. I read e-mail and messaged Johnnie. She asked if I wanted copies of her drawing of the quilt we are going to make. I said yes, and she came over with three copies of the giant dahlia drawing for coloring purposes. I found variations of the dahlia pattern on Pinterest and messaged them to her. I e-mailed a few people, then deleted a bunch of e-mails. I started out with over 800 and was afraid I was missing some of the personal ones. At noon, I made and ate breakfast. With Chris' help to stretch the belt, we fixed the vaccuum cleaner. I tried it out and it cleaned the carpet much better. (I think a looser belt would have worked just as well). I laid out in the sun wearing my bathing suit and reading a book. It was a windy day and not hot. After I redressed, I worked on gopher holes and exposing gopher tunnels. I found a lot of rocks in the tunnels today. Afterward, I watered here and there because the sprinklers have not come on for a few days. I also wrote a little poem: A little quilter sat with a filter, separating rocks from the sand. When she stuck in her big toe and pulled out a geode, she said "what a good girl I am." We walked to the post office and back, finding just a few envelopes. I folded the laundry on the bed. I put on a video and made a salad for supper. I also had leftover steak, and some seed crackers. The video was an interview with Dr. Li-Meng Yan, a Chinese virologist who defected from China. Her main point was that the CCP created the virus and released it. Due to controls and serveillance at the lab, there is no way it was accidental. She takes HCQ herself, but more important than any vaccine or treatment is that we must stop them from doing it again. After the interview, I went through my orange fabrics to find something to use as a center for the orange quilt, but nothing was quite right. I took the orange piece from my latest purchase and cut it in half and then into quarters. I used one fat quarter to wrap a roll of toilet paper like a pumpkin, but it needed a stem and a leaf. By then Chris was ready to watch TV. So I put down the project and made my magnesium drink. I sat with him and we watched two episodes of Another Life, finishing season 1. Netflix does not have season 2, so we will have to watch something else tomorrow night. I brushed my teeth and helped Chris dress the bed, then wrote my post for today. I gave up wearing the blue-blocking glasses because they haven't helped me sleep and they make it hard to read the laptop screen. * We think these are petunias ( from Springdale, Utah) *

No comments: