Friday, October 16, 2020

Free-range beef

I fell asleep sooner than usual last night. I did wake up a couple of times, but went back to sleep. It helped that the trumpet did not play at 6:30. I got up at 9. I kissed Chris and went to turn on the router. He came out as I was fixing my molecular hydrogen drink. When I sat down at my computer, I noticed it was a dark screen with circling dots. Since I hadn't turned it on yet, I wondered if it had been doing this all night, or just since I turned on the router. I watched it until I finished my drink, then rebooted it. While waiting for the updates, I brewed a quart of chamomile tea with two tablespoons of loose leaves. Then I read e-mail and listened to episode 3 of The Truth About Vaccines. I wanted to post it on my Facebook page, but read that FB has announced that it will no longer permit any posting that might discourage people from getting vaccinated. Pertussis vaccine may keep you from showing symptoms but not from spreading it. When I got up to take the next supplement, my phone rang. It was William, giving me an update on his progress with the shed. After our chat, I made and ate breakfast. I looked through the cupboards and pantry to find things to put on the shopping list. Chris put freezer packs in the ice chest. Then we got in his car and went to Tooele, listening to more of the book on CD. We had to stop for cattle crossing the road. They seemed quite unconcerned for their safety (or ours). Our first stop was the bank. We waited in line to get cash, and waited again to see someone at a desk. But when one came, it was the same guy that helped us open an account. After our transaction, we left, seeing that the line increased a lot. Our second stop was Luckey's for groceries. When we got there, I put on my mask and stopped at the restroom. But oxygen deprivation caused me to go in the men's room accidentally. I figured it out pretty quickly and went to the other room. Then I joined Chris in shopping. We stopped to inspect the jackfruit. A lady noticed and came over to ask questions about it. Thankfully I had done my research and could answer them all. We also got veggies and beer. Then we went to Melanie's Nutrition. I found more chamomile tea. I asked for Tudca, but they didn't have any. I also got coconut milk and water. When I got back in the car, Chris was talking to someone who had just gotten a promotion. The guy asked Chris about someone we knew in Chinhae. I suggested he ask Scott. Finally we went to Macey's. We picked up the rest of our groceries there, then headed home. No cattle this time. By the time we got home, it was after 5. We put away the groceries. Chris had me dial his parents while he made guacamole and we chatted with them. Then I called my dad and talked to him and Faye. His mind seemed good today. Then I had some guac and seed crackers for supper, plus something else. I asked Chris about his new keyboard and he said he installed it but the laptop still didn't work. Bummer. I put on warmer clothes and a coat and went outside for a walk, but got distracted by the latest gopher mounds. I cleaned up the ones I could see in the fading light. It got dark, so I put away the tools and went for a walk. The temp kept dropping and I was glad to get back to a warm house. I made tea using the same leaves and slices of ginger and turmeric. I put magnesium in it and sat with Chris to watch two episodes of Battle Creek. When it was over, I brushed and sat down to write my blog post before going to bed. Hopefully it will be another restful night. * In the state of Utah, if you hit a cow on the road, you have to pay the farmer for it and the calves it might have had. *

No comments: