Friday, October 30, 2020

Shopping with bats and spiders

I listened to the sleep track again last night and was awake the whole time and long after. The trumpet did not play this morning, but Chris set his alarm anyway. He was still here when I got up about 7:45. Then he left to accompany the commander in inspecting the perimeter.

I got started on my day. I wrote checks and got them ready to mail. I listened to a podcast and read articles. I made tea. I puzzled over why Solitaire was running so slowly. I tried it in a different window, but that didn't help. I was afraid to close it and open it again because I might lose the levels I have accumulated. I had to look up how to update Waterfox and then it was fine, mostly.

I made and ate breakfast. In Alabama we had batteries in the fridge, but not here. I searched high and low for a battery for my kitchen time. Finally, I found one of the wrong size, but with tape, it worked. I wrote down a few things for the grocery list. Then Chris packed the ice chest and we went to Tooele, listening to our book on CD.

First we went to Luckeys'. I couldn't find my black and white mask, so I wore the one with bats and spiders. We got another slice of jackfruit. Then we went to Melanies. They didn't have all I wanted so I just got coconut milk. I walked next door to Joanns. I was looking for Christmas towels for the next craft day, but didn't find any there. But I did get some spools of ribbon for a separate project.

Then we went to Macey's. We got the rest of our groceries there. While Chris stood in the check out line, I went to the dollar store. I found three Christmas towels there. Then we went home, finishing the CD. After unpacking the car, I did not feel well. I dug up some gopher mounds, hoping the fresh air would help, and I guess it did. Then I came in for supper and had tuna, and jackfruit. Afterward, I walked to the post office to pick up the mail: mostly junk. But it was a pleasant walk.

I read articles, about the virus and about the CDC plan to have 'green zones' for high-risk people. It was under a heading of 'non-US', but why would the CDC be dealing with people outside the US?

I made a magnesium drink out of tea and magnesium bisglycinate. I sat with Chris and we watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie. Then I brushed my teeth, and got ready for bed. Finally, I posted to my blog. Day is done.

No comments: