Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Picking a project

Last night I listened to the whole 90 minute track and did not fall asleep until after. I was awakened by the trumpet at 6:30. I stayed in bed trying to go back to sleep. I got up before 8, and started my usual routine. I made a quart of the usual parsley-chamomile-hibiscus tea. I cut out the last fussy-cut piece, leaving the fabric looking like swiss cheese. I took the dry dishes out of the dishwasher and put them away. I sat with the HappyLight and read a book. Then I turned on the internet, and read e-mail.

I watched the temp gauge, waiting for it to rise above freezing. I sewed two three inch squares together on both sides and cut them diagonally to make a quarter square triangle block. It had biased edges, but should save me cutting twice as much fabric as the other method. My measurements before and after told me that I needed 5.25 inch strips for the quilt to make 6 inch blocks.

I made and ate breakfast. I listened to video while cutting strips of fabric. Chris came home for lunch. We had a discussion about how much we (the people) can put up with until we say 'no more', like the frog in hot water. I wrote an announcement for a sewing and craft gathering and looked for appropriate pics on my laptop, then on my Facebook page, and finally on my Pinterest page. I ended up finding items in my sewing room and taking a pic to post with the announcement. I wanted to do the origami ornament, but it requires single-sided paper, which is cheap and plentiful in Chinhae, but not so much here. So I decided to go with the Christmas Cracker project.

I put on my coat and went to the post office. I picked up a package from Swansons. When I got home, I pulled out the supplements and labeled each one with its purpose. Then I went outside to clean up some gopher mounds. While refilling one, the gopher inside got curious and touched my fingers. I withdrew my hand quickly and looked closely into the hole, but it did not come forth.

I called MaryAnn, and we had a lovely chat, catching up. I ate some pork and kimchi for supper. Chris came home from work and brought me the Covid briefing from work. I read articles online. I spent some time figuring out how to integrate the new supplements into the schedule. It shouldn't be so hard, but then I am doing a lot of substituting.

I made my evening drink and took the new sleep supplements. I sat with Chris and we watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie. The second one was a real downer. I started listening to what I thought was a short video on the Psychological Sigh. But it was part of a much longer video. I played a few games of Solitaire while it went on and on. He was talking about the importance of breaking state. Finally I stopped it to compose my blog post and get ready for bed.

* I had trouble staying on task with Pinterest. I came across this and had to share. *

No comments: