Thursday, October 22, 2020

Gifts of the Gophers

I woke up early, frustratingly awake in the dark. I listened to the trumpet playing at 6:30, then to Chris taking a shower. I think he went to work and came back for his CAC card. My alarm went off at 7:30, and a little later I got up. I started the supplement regimen. I read e-mail. I heard sprinklers come on, but they were just spitting, I think someone is draining the water out of them for the winter. Later this assumption was verified. At 11 I made and ate breakfast. After 12, Chris came home with package from the post office. I read e-mail till amost 2, then tuned into Del Bigtree's Thursday podcast. It was live, but I started at the beginning. I wrapped the ends of my phone cable with thread to stop the fraying of the insulation. I had tried tape before, but it always came off. When I saw the temp was about 50, I put on a light jacket to go out. But I didn't count on the wind. So I determined to walk quickly to the post office with two envelopes of masks. I met Johnnie about half way and we stopped to talk about our quilts-in-progress. When I got to the post office, a female clerk processed the postage and sold me stamps and a padded envelope. When I got home, I took a short break, then went out to fill in gopher holes. I sorted through the rocks they had dug up today and scrubbed some to see if they were anything special. There was a small piece of pink like the large chunk I picked up last week. When I came in, I resumed the podcast. He was interviewing Simone Gold (America's Frontline Doctors) who says doctors are not free to take care of their patients in this crisis. She was fired for speaking up about HCQ (on the list of safe and essential medicines for WHO). Back in March she was using HCQ with good results but her doctor friends were not. Then the FDA approved it for Covid use and they all joined her in using it. She asked them what changed their minds - an article, patient recovery? No, just the statement from the FDA. Then whent the FDA withdrew approval, the other doctors talked about how bad it was. Again she asked, what changed their minds - studies, articles, experience? But no, just what the FDA said. She was shocked that they didn't do any research for themselves, nor did they put any credence in the success she was having with patients. She and Del also talked about censorship as they have both had videos taken down by Youtube and others. After the 5pm trumpet-playing, I laid down to listen to the Holosync Rejuvenation track, which is slows the brain waves to create a 20 minute power nap. I didn't realize that at the end there would be a loud 'ding' to wake the listener up. I don't think I was asleep, but I was on my way until that happened. So, I got up and made a salad for supper. I also had some seed crackers and a can of soup. I listened to episode 9 of The Truth About Vaccines. Pharma gave $10 billion to the media so they have a say in what gets said. Google has partnered w/ GlaxoSmithKline to make vaccines, so it isn't suprising that Google censors content that questions the safety of vaccines. The WHO put out a commercial talking about vaccines protecting people without risk. But in a video of their closed meeting were the following statements: We really don't have good safety monitoring systems in many countries. There's a lot of good safety science that is needed. We need much more investment in safety science. The clinical trials are not powered enough which complicates safety science. Adjuvants multiply immunogenicity of the vaccines that they are added to, but they are necessary components of vaccines. How do we raise confidence? We must conduct phase 2 and phase 3 studies with appropriate size and measurement to capture systemic complications. We not only have a problem with confidence IN providers, we have a problem with confidence OF providers. A doctor asked questions about the safety of combining multiple vaccines, adjuvants, preservatives (etc) in vaccines given to the children in his country. In a separate meeting, a similar question is answered by the CDC's ACIP committee: We have no data to make a recommendation one way or the other. Our policy is to recommend it as long as the injections are given in different limbs. Chris came home and brought me a key to the chapel. He made himself supper and sat in the living room to play his game. I finished the episode on vaccines and put the chapel key on my key ring. Then I addressed the padded envelop. I sent an e-mail to the chaplain to thank him for the key. I jotted notes for my blog. Chris and I watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie while I sipped magnesium and chamomile. Then I brushed my teeth, posted to my blog and got ready for bed. * The gophers and have a rocky relationship. *

No comments: