Friday, October 30, 2020

From there to here in less than a year

Last night, I listened to the sleep track, and did fall asleep, but woke up when the track changed. I unplugged the headphones and went back to sleep, although not right away. I forget what woke me in the morning. I tried to hold on to the dream I was having. But eventually it was just gone. I stayed in bed until daylight arrived, and then some.

I started my day in the usual way. I set up my 'away' machine on the kitchen counter. That way I can sew while listening to podcasts on my laptop. I checked e-mail. I added sumac berries to the 'tea' to add color. I let it sit in the sun some more. By 11:30 I was ready for breakfast. I made it and I ate it.

At noon I listened to the Highwire. Del was speculating about a relationship between Bill Gates and the Chinese. In January: Trump signs landmark deal with China which gives America the upper hand. In February the virus comes to America. Fouci and CDC aren't worried. Then Gates says this coronavirus may be the once-in-a-century pathogen we've been worried about. Gates gave funds to the Imperial College where Neil Ferguson made dire predictions about death statistics. In April: Trump cuts funding to WHO, and the next day Gates ups donations to the WHO. WHO starts dictating to countries around the world how to respond to the pandemic. Now China is back to work, no masks or physical distancing; home of the virus and only large nation still growing.

Bill Gates says world will not return to normal until “a lot of people” take a SECOND Covid vaccine. Fauci says early covid vaccines will prevent symptoms, but not block virus. Also says masks and social distancing are likely to continue until 2022. China ups their contribution to WHO. Experts say Bejing is trying to exert it's influence over the agency. Japan's deputy prime minister refers to WHO as Chinese Health Organization.

I paused it at 1:30. I strained the sumac tea several times, then put it in my nicest jar. I put on a nice outfit and drove to Petra's house. She had her table nicely set and had cake and cookies. Two other ladies came, both of whom live on the hill near Petra. We had lots of interesting conversations. We discussed rocks and geodes, the state of local education, mysterious murders in the area, and institutional care.

As I was leaving, William called. So I sat in my car and talked to him. Then I drove home. I ate supper and listened to the rest of the podcast. Del did a story about women made to wear masks during birth in hospital or no doctors would attend. And a story about a no-mask restaurant where people are asked to remove their masks or leave.

While listening, I got in some sewing and pressing. Chris came home and made his own supper: the usual burrito. Then we watched part of “On an island with you”, a DVD from Netflix. But halfway through it messed up and we couldn't get any more of it to play. So we finished the evening with one episode of Hart of Dixie.

I brushed my teeth and swished while writing up my blog post. I also looked up some of the actors from the movie: Jimmy Durante, Esther Williams, a young Ricardo Montalban. And then it was time for bed, maybe past time.

* The virus started in China. Why is it the only large nation with a positive GDP?

No comments: