Monday, November 9, 2020

A real snow day

I listened to my sleep track on the mp3 headphones. I don't think I fell asleep with it because I remember turning them off and putting them on the headboard. But at some point I fell alseep.

I got up around 8. I did little jobs in the kitchen, including putting all the kimchi in one jar and placing it in the fridge. I wiped grease out of dishes in the sink. I checked e-mail, and tried to find caches of unread ones that were too old to be relevant. I got the unread count below 800 by listening to and then deleting tapping audios.

At 10 I washed up and got dressed for church in pants because it was cold and snowing outside. Then Chris got ready for church. We put on coats and got in the car. Chris had to scrape the windows, then we left for the chapel.

When we got there, Johnnie was waiting for us. She and I spoke about quilting. Then Chris and I found a seat. The chaplain missed the countdown by a few seconds. He started the live feed and began the service. There was not a word about Veteran's Day. We sang songs I hardly knew and then he gave a sermon about Joseph and his wife Asenath. Somehow I had never realized that Joseph married in Egypt. After the service, the chaplain showed me how to turn on the heat in the fellowship hall. Then I spoke with Eileen and the guitar player. He said he bought a 'box' that plays backgrounds for almost every song you could thing of. Then he discovered that if he didn't choose a music background, tht the box would make one up to go with whatever he was playing. And yes, it connected itself to the internet. Scary.

We drove home in the snow. I made breakfast while Chris made lunch. I checked e-mail and saw that Faye posted a pic of Dad, so I called her. They were out shopping by then. I researched Asenath from today's Bible reading. Some scholars speculate that she was the daughter of Dinah, left at Potiphar's doorstep as an infant.

I read e-mail, and listened to the PBS coverage of Biden's speech to determine if he was really there or if it was recorded as speculated. It seemed to me that he was really there. Chris made apple crisp, and said the coverage was a little biased. I worked in the quilt while I listened, then resumed finding e-mails to delete.

Around 4:30 I started snacking. I had a sweet potato with salsa, and a can of crab meat. I watched the Huntsville service with patriotc music. I whipped up a batch of seed crackers. I sewed and listened to James Corbett talk to another guy about boycotting Amazon for a day.

It was almost 9 till I could turn off the oven. Then I sat with Chris and we watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie. I took a bunch of magnesium capsules during the second episode. After the show ended, I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed. I finished the Corbett video and wrote my blog.

* It snowed more after this pic was taken. *

No comments: