Sunday, November 22, 2020

Company for Thanksgiving

Before I went to bed last night, I listened to a calming meditation. I went to bed and waited for sleep to come. It finally did, but then I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. It was very frustrating and I had no idea why. Ruminating, it occurred to me that the inside of the geode formed in darkness and had never seen the light of day before Brian sawed it open. It was beautiful inside, but no one would ever know without the light. Seemed like there was a sermon somewhere in that.

I heard my 8:30 phone alarm in the distance. I got up to take the first supplements, then went back to bed. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. Then I read a book by the HappyLight. Johnnie called, and said they were not traveling for Thanksgiving after all, and that Brian was taking her fabric shopping as consolation. After the call I asked Chris if we should invite them over for the holiday feast.

I took a shower, and got dressed. I read some e-mail, then made and ate breakfast. Chris called Brian and discussed food. I read articles, then packed up my sewing machine. I alphabetized some of my quilt books, looking for the snowflake book. I chose fabric for an ornament, and a Christmas mask. Chris packed my stuff in my trunk.

I drove to the chapel, and set up my machine, and the two projects. I opened the main door so people could come in. I started cutting squares for the ornament. Eileen arrived, with yarn and crocket hooks. We had such a good chat. I didn't get much done, and no one else came. Chris called from the commissary around 4:15. Eileen's husband called, too and wanted her to pick up something from the commissary. So she left, and I packed up and went home, Chris came home a few minutes later and cooked eggs and cheese for supper. I fixed the cuff on his old sweatshirt, then worked on the fabric ornament. I ate supper, including leftovers and a surprise tomato I found growing on my plant by the front door.

I listened to podcasts and sewed. Then I made my drink and we watched the usual on TV. Chris had done laundry, so after TV we made the bed with fresh sheets. Then I brushed my teeth. I read more e-mails from Kurt, and processed some previous e-mails to get the total below 700. I wrote my blog post and got ready for bed.

* Our next project *

No comments: