Friday, November 20, 2020

The Grand Opening

I didn't use either the Apollo or the mp3 headphones last night. Just the usual stretches, and essential oil diffuser. I woke with Chris' alarm, and went back to sleep. Then my alarm went off at 7:30, and I got up a little later.

The new bottle of H2 arrived yesterday so I took some of that with the usual protein supplement. I tried the new toothpaste from Canada. Seemed ok.

I compared the numbers I used for my quilt with the ones on the instruction sheet. The instructions were internally inconsistant. But I went with the 'trim to' numbers, which were pretty close to mine. Then I repacked all the papers in order back into the plastic bag. Afterward, I pulled some fabrics for Johnnie and put them with the instruction packet.

I plugged in the router. I researched to answer Kurt's e-mails. I took supplements, and caught up on tapping videos. Then it was time for breakfast. About noon, Chris came home with boxes from the post office. I unpacked them, then listened to the weekly Highwire:

Covid antibodies were found in stored blood from as far back as September of last year in Italy. Mask usage exceeded 80% in 44 US states, and more than 90% in California and the northeast. 6000 participants in an RCT Danish study, showed that masking did not statistically reduce covid infection. Blood samples from recovered patients of SARS in 2003 suggest t-cell immunity lasts 17 years (or more).

I went to Johnnie's house with fabric and the geode. She took the fabric to look at later. She took me to the garage to see Brian. He got a power saw and cut the pink stone and polished one side of it. Very interesting. Then he carefully cut open the geode. It was sparkly and beautiful inside! Johnnie came out to see. She was going for a walk, so I thanked him and carried my prize home. I took pics of it in different settings and lighting. I downloaded and cropped the pics.

It was a nice day so I went out to dig gopher tunnels. I used a big shovel, which is faster but not as targeted as the trowel. I packed the dirt back in the hole with my hands till my fingers were numb from the cold ground.

I went inside and put s bowl of bean soup in the toaster oven. I listened to a tapping meditation, and looked up how to cook turkey legs. When supper was ready, I took it out and ate it as I read e-mail and listened to an interview. I took two Holozyme afterward.

Time got away from me. At 9, I made my evening drink and, when Chris was ready, we watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie. Then I sat down to write my blog post and get ready for bed.

* It's like a little winter wonderland inside! *

No comments: