Monday, November 2, 2020

The gophers have moved

Last night, I listened to the sleep track. When it ended, I took off the headphones but apparently it continued to play. The battery ran down and so the alarm did not ring in the morning. I was up by 8, wondering why I hadn't heard it yet. But when it dawned on me, I plugged in the phone to recharge.

It was the usual morning. I read by the HappyLight for half an hour. I read e-mail, then made and ate breakfast. Then Chris came home for lunch. He brought me some crab apples, in case I wanted to plant the seeds. He said it was a nice day and I should go for a walk. It was a nice day, so I put on my bathing suit and laid out in the sun. I read a book, and listened to the big machine load house debris onto a truck.

I went inside and changed back into regular clothes. I headed out for a long walk. Chris and his boss passed me while they were doing an inspection round, and stopped to say 'hi'. I picked up some rocks on the other side of the neighborhood. When I got home, I put on a video and listened while I scrubbed the rocks. I also made seed crackers and more spice mix. I looked up rocks on ebay to see if these were worth anything. Nicer rocks, all shiny and smooth, are selling for not much. Sigh.

I leveled one gopher mound in the front yard and 3 or 4 in the back yard. I was surprised how many there were. There have been none in the backyard all summer. I came in for supper. I ate seed crackers with the rest of the guacamole. I had a can of soup. I ate some of the pulled pork with kimchi and olives and pickled onions. I also ate the ripe tomato.

I was reading e-mail when Chris came home. He called Michele. She was despondent over not finding a job. We tried to cheer her up.

A little after 8, I made my evening drink and we watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie. Then I posted to my blog and got ready for bed. I needed to get some errands done, but am trying to go to bed early for a while so the change in time isn't so stark.

* One house left to clean up and then they knock some more down. *

No comments: