Thursday, November 19, 2020

Volunteering to decorate

Last night I wore the mp3 headphones but not the Apollo. I shook up the difffuser and went to bed. Eventually I took the headphones off, and fell asleep. I woke up hearing Chris' alarm. I fell asleep again, and heard my alarm go off and got up soon after. I felt better rested than previously.

I had a meditation and tapping morning: I started the CD list playing. I made coffee, exercised, drybrushed, and tapped, visualized, and meditated (but not for long). I read a book beside the HappyLight.

I sprayed cleaner on the bathrooms then started cleaning in the kitchen. When Chris came home for lunch, I paused to finish the bathrooms (and stay out of his way). I opened the two packages he brought home from the post office. I washed some of the dishes in the sink and put others in the dishwasher. I vaccuumed a bathroom, our bedroom, the hallway, and the den. I showered and scrubbed tub, taking a chance on putting my back out. But I seem to have gotten away with it. I caught my laptop power cord in the vaccum, then left it till the smoke could dissipate before finishing the den

I checked e-mail, and listened to interviews. I kept looking out the window where the steam shovel was working on an empty house. First it carefully scraped the tin off the roof and put it in a pile. Later I saw it crushing the house a little at a time and spraying it down as it went. I saw pink rolls appear, which I assume were insulation. Maybe the spraying was to keep the fibers from blowing around.

I called Faye, thinking she was with Dad, but not yet. I read an e-mail from Chris saying the director of the CDC wanted help decorating for a Christmas event. So I called her, then walked down there, wishing I had worn a warmer coat. I thought she would give me a specific decoration to make, but she showed me their art supply room and said they needed decorations that would look like a gingerbread house, and just take whatever I wanted. So I got some red paper and some green paper, thinking of poinsettia garlands. I wasn't really prepared to make a decision. She gave me a tour of the building and the room to be decorated. She introduced me to a bunch of people from CDC, and ACS anda MWR. We saw two antelope playing in the front yard. One man said they ate the pumpkin on his front porch. Hmmm.

When I got home with the colored paper, I saw a note from Johnnie. So I walked over there to see her quilt pattern to get some idea of what I did wrong. Her husband showed me how to fill the birdfeeders while they are gone.

When I got home, Chris was having supper and listening to Michele play online. I made breakfast for supper, and read e-mail and finished an interview. I looked up paper poinsettia garlands. I tried making a flower from the origami paper that I ordered. Maybe that will work for the decorating and for the December project.

When Michele was done, Chris made himself a chocolate alcoholic drink. I had water with minerals and dark cherry juice in it and a bottle of Uber Greens. We watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie, and I took 6 magnesium capsules. Afterward, I answered a bunch of e-mails from Kurt. I deleted a bunch of new e-mails, and wrote my blog post for today.

* Coming to a house near me. *

No comments: