Friday, November 27, 2020

Enjoying the after-effects of Thanksgiving

We stayed in bed late. Chris got up first. I washed more dishes from last night, then read a book with a heating pad under my calf. I thought that would help relieve the tightness, but it didn't. I looked up chugging, and sneezing multiple times in a row. The consensus was that people sneeze more when they are weak sneezers.

I listened to a podcast while parsing out supplements for the next two weeks. I made a list of what was getting low and put the items in my Swanson cart. I made and ate breakfast. After reading a little more e-mail, I went back for a piece of turkey neck. Mmmmmm. I saw a splinter in my hand from yesterday. Chris got it out with a needle pretty quickly.

Around 2, he packed the cooler with freezy packs. I put a few last things on the shopping list, and we went to Tooele. We listened to the book on CD along the way. We shopped at Luckey's, Melanie's, and Macey's. Then we listened to the story all the way home. I didn't get a pic of the mountains on the way, but they look different each time, due to the lighting and weather, etc.

I didn't feel so good in the car, so I rolled down the window a bit (since it was in the high 30's). We stopped at the post office and picked up the mail, including a few birthday cards. We arrived home, brought the groceries in. I opened the birthday cards. It was so nice to be remembered. I read e-mail for little bit, then went for a walk to get some fresh air. The two antelope were walking around the area that used to have houses. That was the block I was walking around, so they watched me for a bit, then ran off into the sunset.

When I got back, I took some terrahydrite. I looked at the non-birthday mail: two charities wanting donations. I looked through my file for previous donations made to those charities that want a year-end contribution. I found I have already donated at least twice this year. Then, sitting at my laptop, I read through all the Black Friday sales. I jotted notes for my blog. I heated supper, and ate some seed crackers to tide me over.

I listened to Del Bigtree's video and took notes:

Dr Peter Aaby, who designs vaccine programs for third world countries, found that children given the DTP vaccine have a 2.5 higher all-cause mortality than unvaccinated ( although more risk for girls than for boys). Dr. Christina Stabell Benn, who works with children in Guinea-Bissau, found that DTP kills more children from other causes than it saves from the three diseases. I looked up her Ted talk: vaccination increased death 5-fold. Vaccines are only assessed for effects on the disease in question, not for effects on overall health. Live vaccines train the immune system, and you only need one shot for protection. Non-live vaccines are not good at stimulating the immune system, therefore it takes several shots for protection. Live vaccines have good non-specific effects and non-live vaccines have negative non-specific effects. If we modify the schedule, we could save 1.1 million third world children a year. In high income countries, children who get live vaccines have half the rate of hospitalizations as those who get non-live vaccines. Because of linked-epitope suppression, all kids primed by DtaP vaccines will be more susceptible to pertussus for life. They may catch the infection over and over again.

According to CDC, 1 in 6 children has a developmental disability. Various public officials and groups admitted that we don't have the studies to say whether or not vaccines cause a long list of side effects.

I ate too much jackfruit while watching. I also checked e-mail, and finalized my Swanson order. When the video was over, I made my evening drink. We watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie. Then I wrote up the events of the day and got ready for bed.

* The house looks so much better now that the pictures are hung on the wall and curtains are up *

No comments: