Sunday, November 22, 2020

One, two, pieces of shoe

I took my evening supplements, did my stretches, and went to bed. I did not use Apollo or the mp3 headphones. I still had trouble falling asleep, but staying asleep was ok.

We got up about 8. I started my usual morning supplement routine, but mistakenly took the third one when I should have taken the second one. I put some staystitching in the ornament and dampened it for a good press. I had skipped the fusible web part and the points were not staying pointy. I made a paper snowflake from a design I saw on the internet.

I reached the breakfast stage early because of skipping the second supplement. After eating, I got dressed for church. It was below freezing so I wore pants. Gwenda sent me a pic through Messenger. It had Mom and Dad and Dad's parents, and Faye and me as little tykes. I could not tell where it was taken, though.

When we arrived in church, I put my purse down by my seat. The Chaplain asked me to do a reading in church next Sunday and light the Advent wreath. I accepted because I am a closet pyromaniac. Johnnie gave me my fabrics back saying she had bought something yesterday. She showed me some airmail fabric, but it wasn't what I wanted. Jenni came and talked to us too. Then we sat down for the service. Today, three of the four songs were traditional ones that I knew. The chaplain talked about Daniel again, but said he'd have advent sermons starting next week.

After the service, we chatted with a number of people. Jenni gave me her number so I can text her for the next sewing Saturday. When Chris was done chatting with the chaplain, we went home. I hung up my coat and changed tops.

I listened to a video by Sayer while making more snowflakes. Some were made from one piece of paper (8.5) and some wee made from two pieces of paper (11). I liked the second method because I only had to cut through half as many layers of paper. Chris wanted the irises watered, so I did that, then dug up some of the gopher mounds. I didn't find many tunnels. I wondered if I ran water into the holes, if it would freeze and then become too slippery for them to dig.

Chris cleared all of his stuff off of the dining room table. I cleared most of mine, but then went back to snowflakes and listening to audios. I saw him sit in each seat around the table. I thought he was channeling his inner Sheldon, but he was just making sure those were all good chairs.

I whipped up a batch of seed crackers, and cut more snowflakes. I found some brown paper that they would look good on, kind of like a gingerbread wall. I called Faye and talked to her and Dad while I ate supper. Then she suggested Skype, so we video-chatted for a bit. But Dad was tired. We hung up and I went looking online for more ideas for over-sized gingerbread-themed items. I read that spray foam makes realistic over-sized popcorn. But my search for ways to make over-sized fake gingerbread frosting was futile.

I noticed that there were black pieces of my shoes everywhere I went. So I took them off and threw them in the trash. I made my evening drink, snacked on seed crackers, and we watched TV. Afterward, I realized we're going to have to fix up the hall bathroom too - hang pictures, put up matching towels, etc. Then I sat down to write my blog and hope for a good night's rest.

*

No comments: