Sunday, November 29, 2020

Cookies without Calories

Last night I listened to a sleep hypnosis track while rolling out my calf. Then I went to bed. In the morning, my calf hurt getting out of bed. So much for my dastardly plan. But after getting my first supplements of the day, I went back to bed and Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. That's always a plus, even if it didn't help the calf.

William called with update about a washer and dryer he bought for Dad on Craig's List. I called Faye to ask about special stretches. I concluded that I am stretching too hard. I made paper gingerbread cookies using the snowflakes I made a week ago. I used several layers to make them stiff, but they weren't all that rigid.

I made and ate breakfast. Then I made curved white strips to go around the outside of each 'cookie'. I used basting spray on the back of the snowflakes, but they started to come off after a while, and I had to use glue. Having finished the cookies, I looked for other gingerbread things I could make. I decided on a tree. I did a bunch of math, then cut trapezoids out of the long strip of brown paper that was leftover. I arranged the extra snowflakes on it, and decided I needed more small ones.

Around 5, I went for a walk. While walking, I remembered that we hadn't checked the post office. So I went there and found a Netflix envelop in our box. Then I went straight home because it was wickedly cold. I put leftovers in the toaster oven and checked e-mail.

As I ate, I looked at gingerbread trees online. I was also looking for something I can pipe onto the brown paper to simulate icing. I listened to an interview with a statistics researcher who explained, using CDC data, how the increase in deaths attributed to Covid + the decrease in deaths attributed to other causes equals the normal number of deaths in the US per year.

I checked more e-mail, then I made my evening drink. We watched one episode of Hart of Dixie. I could tell by the musical number at the end, where the whole town is singing and dancing, and two couples got married, that it was the last episode. That was very sad. Then we watched the first episode of Queen's Gambit, which William had suggested.

I put away the piles of just-laundered clothes on the bed. Then I sat down to write my blog post. Soon we will put clean sheets on the bed and retire for the evening.

* These 'cookies' have curved strips of paper to make the edging. *

No comments: