Sunday, November 1, 2020

All Saints Day

Last night I finished the sleep hypnosis track and went to bed. It took less time to fall asleep, but, added to the track time, maybe not. I slept well. I got up at 7:15, the new 7:15. I started with supplements. I read a book beside the HappyLight for half an hour. Then I checked e-mail. I read an article about Dr. Berkson regrowing livers with intravenous ALA. He thought it would catch on, but the liver transplant people wouldn't hear of it. Bad for business. ALA was good for other things too, like diabetic neuropathy and blood sugar, but again, the 'side effects' impacted the bottom line of people who do other therapies or prescribe drugs.

I took a shower and got dressed for church. Then Chris took his shower while I ate a banana. Then we went to church. We each picked up a communion 'package'. We talked to Johnnie and Eileen. Then we sat in the third row and waited a few seconds for the service to begin. Since it is televised, the chaplain starts at 11 on the dot. The guitar player was helping out at another church today, so we sang with the computer, probably Youtube versions. After the singing, came the sermon. He talked about Daniel interpreting the king's dreams. Then we had communion at our seats and sang one last song. It was a hymn, but whoever recorded it added modern highlights so it wasn't as familiar as I hoped. After the service, I talked to Eileen and Johnnie again. I tried out the door key that came from the chaplain, and it fit the front door. Rusty showed me how to keep the door unlocked.

When we got home, I made and ate breakfast. Chris needed a loaf of bread for next week so I got the bread machine started. I read an article from a friend which had a letter from an archbishop to our president, saying we are in a battle of good vs evil and he should stand against it.

I changed clothes and went outside to dig gopher tunnels. I sorted some stones and then Johnnie came by on a walk. She stopped to talk and we had a nice chat. After she left, I dug up two more tunnels, and sorted more rocks. Chris made guacamole. It was really good with seed crackers. I also ate a can of soup and a Babybel cheese.

I listened to Dr. Bredesen talk about avoiding Alzheimers and treating it as early as possible. While listening, I worked on masks and parts of the quilt.

At 8, I made my magnesium drink by adding magnesium to the remaining tea. I did it in a clear glass and watched the tea go from red to green. Interesting. Then we watched TV. Afterward, I laid down, thinking I might be tired enough just to drift off, but that didn't happen so I got up to post to my blog and do the usual things.

* My second tomato finally turned red:) *

No comments: