Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The Mask is in the Mail

Last night before laying down, I shook up the essential oil diffuser to activate the sleep scent. I used the Apollo, but not the headphones. I laid awake for some time. I woke up early, but must have gone back to sleep because I don't remember hearing the trumpet player. I did hear my phone alarm and got up after a little rumination.

I took the first supplement and sat in the recliner and read a book. Then I took the second supplement, got dressed and brushed my teeth. I was hoping for another nice day but so far, it was very windy, which is a more key element of the day than the temperature.

I did some research to answer one of Kurt's e-mails. I made a quart of tea, then worked on breakfast. Chris came home for lunch with the mail. I opened both packages. One was fabric and I took it to the fabric room to hang out with others of its kind. The window in the storm door was falling forward, so I taped the window in place and Chris called Housing to report it.

I reviewed the directions for making a kusudama ball, and a fabric ornament. I posted an announcement for the Sewing and Craft Fellowship to the Dugway page for Saturday. I sent a pic of my quilt to the RCMQguild. Then I had an epiphany. Having blackout curtains over the windowed doors in our bedroom was problematic, so I ordered red film to block any blue light (like the street light) without blackening the room in the morning.

I sanitized the mask and put it in an envelope. I wrote and sanitized a birthday card. I went to post office to mail both with sufficient postage. It was so windy I had trouble walking back home. 20 - 30 mph! I listened to an episode of Transcendence. I braved the winds to dig up some gopher mounds with a shovel. I also raked the dirt around to expose the covered grass.

I went back to reading e-mail and was making headway when I realized what time it was. I put some bean soup in a bowl and threw it in the toaster oven. By the time it was heated, I was on Zoom with the RCMQG. I ate while the meeting proceeded. I had to pause to talk about my quilt during show-and-tell. Chris came home briefly to eat supper, then went back for the town hall meeting. He came home again before my meeting was over. Afterward, I listened to things I had started earlier while looking at e-mail. I watched a Fox news report on 'defective' voting software.

I poured the rest of the tea into two cups and sat down in front of the TV. Chris joined me and we watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie, while I drank both cups and took mag-l-threonate and mag orotate. Afterward, I took the last supplement, brushed my teeth and wrote my blog.

* This is the opposite side of the mask. *

No comments: