Friday, November 13, 2020

Ready for snow

I stayed up too late last night, correcting a file because my computer wanted to update and was going to close it. Then I saved it, rebooted the computer, and put it to sleep. I listened to the mp3 headphones in bed, but finally turned them off. Later I fell asleep. I woke up hearing the 7:30 alarm go off in another room. I went back to sleep until I heard the 8:30 alarm. Chris got up and then I got up and started taking supplements.

I checked e-mail. I asked Chris if I was allowed to have my sewing class next Saturday and we got in a BIG discussion. He insisted that I could, so I pointed out that the letter that was sent out says 'casual social gatherings are not authorized, and had his name on it. But he said my class fell under 'official meetings and planned events' which are permitted under the usual Covid protocols.

I made a quart of chamomile/parsley/hibiscus tea. William called, on his lunch hour. I asked Chris to massage my right forearm. It seemed a little swollen and sore to me. I made and ate breakfast, but without the banana because there were none left.

After breakfast, I listened to crypto videos on Youtube. I ate frozen blueberries to replace the banana. When Chris was ready, he put ice packs in the cooler and we went to Tooele, continuing the book on CD. When we were in Luckey's, I noticed that my fingers were stained with blueberry juice. Then we went to Melanies' nutrition. Actually Chris stayed in the car. I shopped, but they didn't have everything I wanted. I did get a bottle of dark cherry juice, which is supposed to be good for sleep. I was surprised that they did not have cacao nibs, but I did get a 5000IU of vitamin D3.

Then we went to Maceys, for all the things that Luckey's didn't have. While Chris checked out, I ran to the dollar store to buy a birthday card for Aunt Jean. Then we drove home, listening to the book.

After we unloaded the groceries and put them away, I compared the vitamin D I just bought with the one I usually order from Swansons. The local one cost more, but it has a lot of other things in it that you would expect to see in a greens powder, and it gets great reviews.

It was almost 6 when I put supper in the toaster oven: fish and a piece of sweet potato, and a can of artichoke hearts. After eating, I laid in the recliner and read a book. It made my eyes tired so I reclined a little more and may have dozed off. I woke up about 8:15. I sat with Chris and the remainder of the tea, and we watched two episodes of Hart of Dixie. I brushed my teeth, and then swished while typing up my blog. I checked the weather forecast. It is supposed to rain tonight and then freeze. Good thing we got our groceries.

* The mountains look different depending on the weather and season. *

No comments: