Monday, November 16, 2020

Chapel and church

I did not listen to the mp3 headphones last night, but I don't remember laying awake for a long time either. I think I slept pretty well. I got up about 8. I took the first supplements and checked e-mail. I sat with the HappyLight and read for awhile. Chris put together a bean soup and set it on low to cook. Then I took a shower and dressed for church. I read e-mail while Chris took his shower and got dressed. I searched the coat pockets in the closet for masks, but all I could find were the Halloween mask and the brown one.

When we got to church, we put on our masks and went inside and took our seats. The chaplain spoke to us for a few minutes while the clock counted down to 11. Then he took his place in front of the camera and started the service. We sang songs, or tried to. I did not know the second one at all. Then the chaplain gave his sermon. Afterward, we sang another song, one I did know and suggested. When the service was over, we all stood around and chatted. The chaplain asked me if my group met yesterday and I told him no, but we will next week. He said the command was looking for more such participation and thanked me for having a group.

After talking to a few more people, we left and drove home. I made and ate breakfast, smelling the bean soup. Chris played his game for awhile, then went to the office. I listened to short videos and read e-mail, then went out to annoy gophers. Chris came back from the office just as I was going out. It was really nice out, so I spent the rest of the daylight digging up tunnels to put the dirt back where it came from, and I was not able to fit it all back in. I decided to quit when the sun set, but then I saw how red the mountains got, so I ran inside to get my phone and record the moment.

Then I put my phone away and washed my hands for dinner. Chris gave me a ladle and I filled a bowl with the soup. I also broke up a piece of leftover fish, and topped it with kimchi. As I ate, I watched the recording of the church service from Huntsville. Chris called Michele just to talk, so I paused the church service and participated. Afterward, I finished watching the service.

Then I started another interview, where RFK Jr talked about growing up and listening to his dad and uncles deal with politics. I paused it so we could watch Hart of Dixie. After about halfway through the first episode, Chris paused it and made us a big bowl of popcorn. Then we snacked and watched until 11. That was three episodes! I guess we lost count. Anyway, after that, I posted to my blog and we got ready for bed.

* The mountains are so red from the setting sun that they look like they are on fire. *

No comments: