Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Five, Six, tips and tricks

I used both the Apollo and the mp3 headphones. Guess they didn't work 'cause I just took 'em off. I woke in the morning to Chris' alarm. Then I heard the trumpet player. That reminded me to put on the mp3 headphones again, thinking that it would drown out the sounds of shower and dressing. But it didn't. Finally I heard my alarm go off. I stayed in bed another half hour or so before getting up.

I took the first supplement and brushed my teeth. I rinsed and wrung out the quilted purse soaking in the bucket. I squeezed it with a towel, then hung it in the bathroom to dry. I wrote an Ebay review on the origami paper, taking pics to illustrate my point. I deleted a bunch of e-mail and read others.

I put on a documentary about breatharians. It is an interesting idea, and I suppose humans at times have had to survive long periods with little or nothing to eat. But I can't imagine anyone living a life without food.

Finally it was breakfast time. I fixed the pre-breakfast mix and the breakfast mix, and made the usual tea. I selected some fabric and cut out pieces for Christmas masks. For myself, I cut the liner from organic fabric. Chris arrived late for lunch. He helped me open a 16 x 20 pane of glass to replace the broken glass in a picture frame. As I took out the broken glass, I realized the biggest piece was enough to cut to fit one of the smaller frames with broken glass.

I headed out to Johnnie's house to pick up a window that Brian got from the demolition guys. When I got there, he said it was safety glass and could not be cut to fit a picture frame. I said I'd take it anyway, to use as a light box. Then he offered to make me a box to go with it. I said it would be better to have a box frame to put my cracked marble cutting board in. He countered with going to the landfill and finding an uncracked piece of marble.

I went home and pulled the staples out of the back of another picture. Brian came by to get me. I grabbed my mask and coat. I got in his vehicle and we went to the landfill. There was a spot where someone had dumped pieces of marble. We looked through them and he found a big piece. Then he took me to the operator's shack where he introduced me. I got to see what the man was drawing. Amazing scenes, just like a photograph. He gave each of us a Christmas card that he had done. Then Brian drove me around to see the different piles of stuff. He stopped at the wood pile and we picked up some 2x4's that some guys were unloading.

We went back to Brian's garage. I ran home to get the pics that needed glass. There was enough of the glass from the large broken ones to cut full pieces for the smaller ones. He showed me how to do it and I particpated, but was unable to cut the glass because I wasn't strong enough to score it. But I learned a lot. When the frames had glass again, we turned to the stone. We discussed the size and shape wanted, and decided on a 14 by 14 square. He marked it, then took it outside to cut it. Then he sanded all the edges, beveling them a little. It was a think of beauty.

I carried the pictures home while Brian followed with the square of marble. I thanked him again, and he left. I took some terrahydrite, and set the timer for 30 minutes. I put a can of soup and a packet of tuna in Korean bowl and placed it in the toaster oven. I listened to several audios and played Solitaire until the food was hot. Chris came home from work while I was eating. I had to cut two more mask pieces because the first set were not reverses of each other. I listened to another podcast, with Derrick Brose.

I heated the remaining tea and added tulsi to it. We watched two episodes on TV. Then Chris helped me open the second pane of glass. I wiped it off and put it in the remaining large picture frame. I did not, however, have the tiny nails to fix it in place. I sat down to write my blog post and got sidetracked by unread e-mail. Then I did write my post, and got ready for bed.

* I learned a lot about cutting glass and nailing frames. *

No comments: