Sunday, August 22, 2021

Preparing for class

I had a hard time falling asleep, but slept ok after that. I woke up to another cool morning. I read outside for half an hour. I started the Sunday detox protocol. I searched for a soap bottle apron pattern on my computer and then online. I downloaded and printed it, only to find that it was 5 pages of instructions but no pattern. I had to download that separately. I printed it then pasted it to cardboard and cut it out. Then I hunted some fabric and seam binding for the class. I added the craft iron and a pressing mat to the pile, then sat down to compose the class announcement.

I worked on e-mail for awhile, then made breakfast. I added to the shopping list, and packed the cooler with ice. We went to Tooele for the usual weekly shopping. When we got back to base, we stopped at the post office, then went home. There was no real mail. We unloaded the food and put it away.

I dug up gopher mounds, but could not find the tunnels. I set the traps and buried some dog droppings. I put supper together and ate. I listened to a newscast. Then paused it to put on my bathing suit. I took shepherds hooks to the garden, then went to the pool. People there warned me that it was cold because the heater went off during power outages. Jenni had us sit in the baby pool and do exercises. At least we didn't have to get fully immersed.

Afterward, I toweled off and left with the others. I gave Jenni a shepherds hook for her garden. I went home and changed back into regular clothes. I checked gopher trap but found nothing. I made tea, and we watched two episodes. I finished listening to an interview with a lady who escaped North Korea, went to China, was abused, fled across the desert to South Korea. Finally she came to America and went to top university. She is very disappointed that America is not the free country that she thought it was. I listened to other newsy stuff, like the Taliban mistreating women. I posted to my blog and went to bed (after midnight!)

No comments: