Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Quilt guild meeting

I got up at 9:30 after being up late and waking up multiple times. It was overcast and looked like rain. (Faye said she was sending rain.) I started reading a book outside, then got up and watered the plants outside and checked gopher traps. I spent quite some time digging up tunnels and trying to trap the owner.

I parsed supplements and soaked a new shower filter. Chris came home briefly to tell me there was no mail. He left to go to a barbeque at CYS. I made and ate breakfast. I listened to newsy stuff while piecing puzzles. Jenni called to see if I would like to be a bagger at the commissary. I declined.

I paused an audio to go to the library and return two DVD sets and turn in a list of book titles that I would like to read. The lady in charge said she had a bag of dog droppings for me at her house. The wind blew fiercely as I walked home. I put away all the gopher chasing equipment. I went next door for the bag of droppings. Gophers beware! I finished an interview with a doctor about covid risks. He said it is unethical to mandate vaccines to college students and covid-recovered in America when there are older people in poor countries around the world who have not been able to get vaccinated.

I ate something, then signed in to the RCMQG meeting on Zoom. I had no trouble getting in. I listened to them chat among themselves until Amanda started the program. Elaine gave a presentation on how to make curved blocks. Then we saw the entries for the strip challenge followed by show-n-tell. When the meeting was over, most ladies signed out. But Danica stayed on and we talked for a long time, until the call dropped and that was probably due to her phone battery.

During the meeting, Chris cooked a blend of ground beef and sausage. So after the call, I ate some of that. I also went outside to put up my car windows, but thankfully they were already up. It had rained and looked to rain again. Then I heated the tea and we watched two episodes of Person of Interest. They were a little more violent than yesterday. I finished a video from earlier, then got ready for bed.

* from show-n-tell *

No comments: