Sunday, August 1, 2021

Another wet day in paradise

I got up about 8:30, read a book for an hour, then watered the plants. I made lemon water, and washed some dishes that were in or near the sink. I used a urine strip test and it showed high leukocytes, but everything else was normal.

I soaked my foot because the big toe was still sore. I listened to news videos, and pieced puzzles. Chris took a shower, then used a needle to pry the skin on my toe open again. He dug out some tiny specs. Each time we think he got it all, but then it heals over and remains painful. I continued soaking my foot. I also wrote my blog post for yesterday and jotted notes for today.

I made and ate breakfast. I made more spice mix, then laid out in the sun. It felt so good I could have fallen asleep, except for the threat of sunburn. Chris roasted zucchini in the oven, plus tiny potatoes. I mowed until the battery needed charging again. I came in for supper: corn and mushrooms, seed crackers and blueberries. I listened to interviews and pieced puzzles.

Rain came down amidst thunder and lightning. There was no going to the garden or to the pool. Jenni called and we talked for awhile. I listened to more interviews. Finally I made tea, and we watched two episodes of Blindspot. Then I posted to my blog and pushed myself away from the laptop before getting too involved in reading e-mail. I got ready for bed and put on my mp3 headphones.

No comments: