Monday, August 16, 2021

The haircut

I got up late, and read outside. A hummingbird hovered until I looked up, then zoomed away. Did he want me to follow him? I trimmed two sad-looking tomato plants. I intended to rip them out and use the pots to plant peas, but I just couldn't do it. I found another big pot and replanted the peas and other sprouts. I set both gopher traps.

I got ready for my Saturday massage, but I was wearing B12 patches so Chris suggested we wait until tomorrow. We talked for a long time. Then he took a chair outside, and I cut his hair. I made it shorter than last time. It took me two tries to get it as short as he wanted. I told him he deserved a professional haircut, but he liked the one I gave him.

I made and ate breakfast, albeit really late. I read articles and listened to interviews. Michele called with a sewing question, then kept me on the phone until she finished sewing the nightgown. And then it was time for supper. I ate a bit, then mowed for 15 minutes.

I put on my suit and went to the pool. Jenni was not there so I did laps by myself. The last of the kids left and I had the pool to myself. I was tired after 20 minutes, so I dried off and left early. Lifeguard was ready to go. I went to the garden and fertilized the plants. I also pulled some weeds. I discovered a white potato plant growing between two vining plants. There was evidence of gopher activity, but they had not chewed on my plants.

I stopped by the post office, and found nothing important. I came home and changed into night clothes. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Dr. Blake. Then we stayed up for a while before I posted to my blog and got ready for bed.

No comments: