Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Spicy Pickles

I got up about 8:30. I brushed and swished. Instead of reading outside, I dug up gopher mounds, set traps, and buried dog feces. I put the oven grills in a garbage bag on the back patio, and placed a container of ammonia inside. I wanted to put the racks in there, too, but they wouldn't quite fit. Since the garbage bag was white, I placed a black plant tray on top of it to collect the sun's rays. Then I fertilized the plants and pulled weeds around the rock pile. There were worms (or larvae) growing in the 5 gallon bucket, so I scooped them out and poured them where they could dry out.

I started making breakfast. Chris came home with boxes from the post office. After he ate lunch, he left. I put a check in the mail and walked it to the post office and sent it priority. When I got back, I read e-mail for awhile. I dug up more gopher mounds, moved the traps, then mowed the lawn until the battery needed recharging. Chris came home and made supper. I ate ground beef mixed with ground pork. I listened to a video until 7:23. I put on my bathing suit and went to the pool.

The water was cold so it took me while to get in. Jenni led us in exercises until time was called. Then we got out. I toweled off and put on my shoes. Three of us chatted in the parking lot. Then I went to the garden. I gave the last plants more water and fed them from the 5 gallon bucket. One of the sweet potato plants looked sickly and I suspected gophers. Jenni drove up. She gave me a jar of spicy pickles that someone gave her. I went home.

Before going inside, I checked the gopher trap, pulling out a live one. I ran inside to tell Chris. He dispatched it for me. I went inside. We tasted the pickles and liked them. I made tea and we watched two episodes. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to read and write to my blog.

No comments: