Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sewing class project

I got up late, then read outside for too long. I watered all the plants. Then Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. He showered then I showered. I read e-mail, and searched my sewing room for the pattern for the dinosaur. I could not find it, so I printed a new one. I made and ate breakfast. I whipped up a batch of seed crackers and put them in the oven. I set the timer and asked Chris to turn off the oven when it rang.

I packed my machine and some fabrics. Chris took the machines out to my car. He followed me to the chapel. After bring the machines inside, he left for the commissary. I set up the machines. Johnnie came with her own project. Then Saronna came with 3 of her kids. She had a basted quilt to handstitch. I showed the girls how to make the dinosaur. I had them stitch on the line instead of cutting on the line, but it wasn't great. The older one wanted me to do the legs for her. The younger one did it all herself, but I had to add a little stitching because she did her pivots with the needle up. Anyway, they were happy with their projects. Johnnie went home early when she finished her project. Saronna left with her kids while I packed up and loaded my car.

Chris unloaded the machines from my car when I got home. I ate some seed crackers and sat down to read e-mail. Kurt called. He was with Faye and they were filling out the form I had already mailed. I read e-mail, ate a small cantaloupe and a cob of corn. Chris made mushrooms.

I undressed to get my bathing suit on, but then decided to go to the garden instead. I redressed and walked there with a baggie of fertilizer. I made three jugs of nutrient water and divided them up among the plants. I refilled the jugs and did some weeding, then walked home.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of Blindspot. Still violent. Then we made the bed with fresh sheets. I read e-mail for awhile, then posted to my blog. I looked for duet sheet music from the Phantom of the Opera, but did not find any.

No comments: