Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Revisiting the chillow

I brought the chillow to bed last night and listened to my mp3 headphones. I had no hot flashes, but sleep did not come easily. I got up at 8:30, and read outside for an hour or more. The usual hummingbird came by. I watered the plants, and got dressed for church. I read e-mail until 10:45.

We drove to the chapel. As we walked in, we saw the communion cups. We each got one, then talked to people until 10:59. We sat and the chaplain started the service with a prayer and three songs. I knew two of them. He gave a sermon on not bearing false witness. We had communion and sang one more song. After the service, we stood around talking. Then we went home.

I called Michele and we had a nice chat until time for the game to start. Then I changed clothes, and made a low-phytate version of my breakfast. (It's just not the same without the chia seed, flax seed and cacao nibs). Later I read e-mail all afternoon and didn't realize the passage of time. Chris finished gaming with the voices. I pre-raised some yeast and started a loaf of bread, hoping it would rise better (it didn't).

I mowed in the side yard, enjoying making lines in the grass. I hated to stop, but I ran out of time. I walked to Jenni's house. We walked around the block and talked. Then I went to my garden and gave some plants extra water. I also moved the snakes. Jenni drove up to work on her garden. We talked a bit, then I walked home.

I made tea and sat with Chris to watch two episodes of Blindspot. Then I moved to my laptop to read e-mail and post to my blog. I decided to use the Chillow without the mp3 headphones.

No comments: