Monday, August 30, 2021

Visiting with Gwenda

I made lemon water, read the book, and watered all the plants. I decided to wait on the gopher mound until the grass dried. I started reading e-mail. In an interview, Dr. Jane Ruby said that on the Pfizer package insert, it claims that 50% of the people who got it between January and March 2021, got a placebo. I wrote up the post I would have made last night.

At 10:45, we went to the chapel. There were three songs before the sermon and one after. I knew two of them. The sermon was about Saul and David. Afterward, we chatted for a bit with the chaplain and his wife, then went home. We changed clothes. I ate a few seed crackers while Chris packed the cooler. Then we headed to Salt Lake City.

It took us an hour and 20 minutes to get to the Asian market. Chris stopped briefly twice so I could take pictures of flowers. Chris checked his phone and found Gwenda had just messaged him that they had arrived. We went inside the mall and saw Dale standing outside the restrooms. Soon Gwenda and their daughter joined him (and us). We walked around looking at the small restaurants to see where to eat. A lady sitting outside a pho restaurant told us what her favorite dish was. We thanked her but went to a Korean restaurant.

We were seated and looked through the menus. Chris explained to our guests what the different dishes were. We all ordered. The waiter brought us 8 small dishes of different kimchis. We tasted them and then our entrees arrived. It was all delicious. And the conversation was good, too. In fact, we talked so long that the waitstaff was waiting on us to leave. I gave Gwenda a piece of a geode. Chris paid the bill and we went outside. It was hard to say goodbye so we talked some more.

Then they went to their car and Chris and I went to the supermarket section to buy kimchi and sugar cane. But there wasn't any sugar cane. I did find fish eggs. But I didn't realize that the small jar was $50. Yikes! The only non-msg kimchi I could find came in a big box. We stopped for kimbap on the way out of the mall.

When we got home, an hour and a half later, I ate some of the kimbap. Jenni came over. She brought me carrot greens and I gave her empty boxes. She left and I dug up two gopher mounds and set traps. I watered plants in the flowerbed. I went to the garden to fertilize the plants. From there, I walked to Jenni's house but there was no answer.

I went home, and made tea. We watched the last two episodes of Person of Interest for season one. I brushed my teeth and got dressed for bed. I read more e-mail, then posted to my blog. I stayed up too late listening to two lawyers debate the legal issues of current events.

No comments: