Sunday, October 3, 2021

Cheese with hot peppers

Friday: Chris got up and went to work. I got up about 8:30. I made myself get stuff ready for the pumpkin project. I noticed two new gopher mounds. Then I read e-mail until 10:40. I went to the garden to uncover the plants, then to Saronna's house to play trombone. I waited until she fed the baby, then we played stuff from Pirates of the Carribean. Other kids came over to play with her kids and one of them offered to go home and get his trombone and play with us. But we were kinda done by then. Her husband came home around noon and offered me some 'skillet' which was a breakfast mix he had made. He also offered me some hot sauce he had made. He left and I put some on a plate. I tasted it before adding sauce, which was good because afterward I couldn't taste anything but the sauce. It was hot!

I went home to make and eat breakfast. I dealt with the gopher mounds in the back yard, then went back to reading e-mail and following links. Chris came back from work. We chatted, then I walked to the post office to get the mail. There were two packages for me, which I put in my hand bag. When I got home, I put the bag down and promptly forgot about it.

I read e-mail. Chris cut up the hot peppers we grew while I beat 3 eggs. He threw in the pieces and I added three kinds of cheese. I flattened the mixture on a baking sheet and baked it at 350. Then broiled it to singe the cheese.

I went to the garden at 6:15 to water the plants and cover them. Diane showed up so we walked. When we got back to the garden, Diane found a strange bug. We both went home, then she sent me a text with a link to an article about it. A common name for it is Jerusalem cricket. It looks like a cross between a bee, a cricket and a cherry tomato. I ate a can of olives, then made tea. Jenni texted me about going to the event tomorrow. We watched TV, then I read and went to bed.

* A little too much broiling *

No comments: