Sunday, October 17, 2021

The wreath class

Saturday.

I woke up at 8. I did some tapping for not feeling like hemming pants. I made lemon water. I searched high and low for the three pairs of pants and found them in a bag on my sewing table. I noted the time, then started measuring and marking and cutting and sewing for about an hour and a half. Some of the narrowing work had already been done two weeks ago. I talked to Chris about how much to charge. Then I sent a note to the lady who owns the pants.

Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. My shoulders and hands really needed it. He took a shower and then I did. I got dressed and brought the sheets in. I made and ate breakfast. I went through my sewing class stuff to see what I needed. I assembled the wreath-making supplies, and cut and tied some tulle strips on. The frame was showing through so I found a box of fabric strips people can cover them with. Done with that, I read more e-mail.

Chris moved my sewing machines to the car. I carried everything else. Jenni was waiting when we got there. Chris moved the machines to the fellowship hall, then went to the commissary. Jenni and I set out the stuff we each brought. Diane came with her son. She made a wreath. Then Grace came and paid me for the pants. She stayed to make a wreath. Michele called during the class to tell me she had taken her machine in and was told it would be $150 to replace the belt and service it. So she bought a new machine from them. She also talked about making a pair of pants into a skirt. Ambitious daughter!

I tried making a wreath but did not like how it turned out. We sat and chatted until 4 then packed up. Diane went home early, but the rest of us went to the swap shop. Grace found something she wanted and she walked home with it. Jenni and I emptied boxes and laid out stuff and hung up clothes. I called Brian to come and get some boxes. After he left, we hung up clothes for awhile longer, then called it a night.

We went home for supper. I ate some cherry tomatoes and fish. Then I put on walking shoes and drove over to Jenni's house. The other ladies were waiting. We walked around the school block, chatting in pairs. Then we discussed all together walking again tomorrow. I drove to the garden and, with pruners, freed the tomato cages and the soaker hose. It went into my trunk. I also rescued three of my large stones. Then I came home.

I whipped up a batch of seed crackers. I ate some cheese sticks with guacamole. I hardboiled the eggs from the previous delivery. I listened to a talk by Dr. David Martin. He said the mandates are not lawful because no drug can be approved and mandated without an internal review board. Then Robert Breedlove spoke on Inflation as theft. No difference between counterfeiting and the govt printing money.

I made tea and waited for Chris. Then we watched one episode of Dr. Blake because it was too late for another. We made the bed together. Then I listened some more and posted to my blog.

No comments: