Sunday, October 17, 2021

Shopping day

Friday

I woke up remembering that I had promised to hem three pairs of pants. I got up and got on my laptop to see if dry ice would clean stains, but there was nothing to that effect. I finished the Dr. Malone interview and listened to another one. I took a break to do a few things, like spraying the stains on the sheets with lemon juice and vinegar as they hung on the fence in the sun. Chris took a shower and went to work. I washed up and started making breakfast while using a really long headphone cable. The laptop by itself was not loud enough. I was eating breakfast when the interview ended.

Last night I had to reboot my laptop because all the sound was gone. When I brought Edge back up, I was able to get those tabs back. Well, today I tried to get back the open tabs from Waterfox and they were all gone. Sigh. Chris still hadn't come home by 2, so I started making cheese sticks. He showed up just before I cracked the eggs, and was ready to go to Tooele. So he packed the cooler and I jotted one last thing on the list and we went.

We listened to the book on CD. When we got to Luckey's, we found a few things there, but the lines were long to check out. So I let Chris check out while I walked to Melanies. There was a guy giving out samples of supplements. So I accepted some. I got what I could remember from the list and wished I had gotten the list from Chris. After I checked out, I put my stuff in the car (which Chris had moved closer to me), and went to Joanns to look for floral wire. I also got some red tulle. Then we went to Macey's. Chris asked me for the list and I said he hadn't given it to me. But neither of us had it. So we got what we could remember. As he stood in line, I walked over to Harbor Freight to get a new trowel, but their's were not impressive. So I went to the $ store. I got two more wreath forms. But no trowels, or scissors or garlic press. And then we went home.

We stopped at the post office but there was no mail. We unloaded the food. Chris put fish in the oven to cook. I was going to finish making the cheese sticks. As he was getting a beer from the fridge, a door shelf fell out and there was beer and broken glass all over the floor. He told me to not move and he picked up all the glass and mopped up the beer. (He was not a happy camper). Then I beat 3 eggs and divided it into the two batches of cheese. I spread one on the parchment paper and put it in the oven to bake (same temp as the fish). I mixed up the second batch and mopped the floor.

Then I listened to a gardening audio until the timer rang. I took it out, but it was kind of stuck to the paper. So Chris moved it with the paper and I put a fresh sheet on and baked the other batch. Last time I baked it all at once, but in two batches I get more of the crispy edge.

When the fish came out, I ate some of that, then bundled up to go walking. I drove over to Jenni's house and parked at the school. Diane was there. We knocked on Jenni's door, but she didn't answer. So we went walking by ourselves. Diane told me all about dog sledding and other things in Alaska. When we got back to my car, I gave Diane the eggs and I went to the garden to pick up plastic jugs and the soaker hose. As I was trying to detangle it from the tomato plants, Jenni walked up. So I walked with her around the same block and left her at her house. I ran toward the garden as far as I could, then walked the rest of the way. I put the garden stuff in my trunk and went home.

I sliced off another strip of cheese, and put the fish away. I jotted notes for my blog. We watched the last episode of Person of Interest and the first episode of Dr. Blake. I read a few articles and went to bed.

No comments: