Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Travel to Bryce Canyon

Sunday: I got up before Chris did so I could pack. Thankfully I have a cheat sheet for the suitcase part. So the supplement part is the hardest. I packed the pre-breakfast box, the breakfast box and a snack box. I parsed out supplements for the week. I looked at my blog for last year to see what I did then. Apparently I just packed oatmeal. I took a shower and got ready for church. I thought of a few more things to pack, and mixes to make more of. I went to the garden to uncover the plants. Finally we went to church. Because it was the first Sunday of the month, we picked up communion cups on the way in. Then the commander sat behind us. It was his first time on a Sunday. After the opening prayer, we sang songs, then heard the sermon. We had communion and one more song and it was over. Then we had some fellowship time. Rusty told me he had stuff for the swap shop so I agreed to meet him there in 20 minutes. Eileen explained she got the shot to make her mother feel better and he symptoms were mostly gone. Then we walked out and went to our respective cars. When we got home, I changed clothes and took the washed coats to the swap shop. Rusty was not there, so I left the door unlocked and headed home. But we passed on the way, so I gave him the key. Chris suggested we could just leave the shop unlocked so people can go in to leave stuff or pick stuff up whenever they want. I had reservations about that. I made and ate breakfast while skimming e-mail. Then we packed up and got in the car. Chris set the GPS and we were off. We played the book on CD. I nearly fell asleep. Traffic was light. But the GPS kept hanging up so Chris was not thrilled. After 4 hours, we pulled in to a Bryce Canyon hotel spot. We unpacked and scouted for restaurants, then went across the street to the Cowboy Buffet. We had to wait to be seated and were given a paper menu to look over. I had my mind mostly made up before we were shown to a table. Chris got the half chicken and I got the charbroiled pork chop. I was hoping it would be like my mom used to make, but it was way too thick for that. Chris had to help me cut it. We checked out the buffet for another time. Then we got a to-go box and went back to the motel. I heated water for tea and read e-mail. Chris read e-mail, then hooked his laptop to the TV so we could watch Netflix. We watched two episodes of Lucifer. Then we cuddled for a while and he went to sleep. I went out to his car to get my headphones to listen while I wrote my blog post.

No comments: