Thursday, October 7, 2021

Our 31st anniversary

Wednesday I felt ok when I went to bed, but then RLS kicked in with the other leg. But after awhile I fell asleep and slept pretty well. In the morning, I got up and took a shower. Then Chris took his shower and I started making my breakfast in case not having it was leading to RLS. I encouraged Chris to go to breakfast at the lodge by himself. I did not have a bowl big enough for the breakfast mix so I used the tin coffee pot. I ate and read e-mail. I washed out the coffee pot. I looked up quick and easy wreaths online because a lady on base wants to attend a wreath class. The best one I saw was weaving burlap ribbon onto a coathanger frame. Cheap and not too time-consuming. Not all that pretty but people can add whatever decorations they want. Also saw wreaths made from cutting up sweaters. We have sweaters at the swap shop. But those use a wire wreath form.

Chris came back from breakfast. He said it was cold outside. He suggested we take the shuttle to the visitor's center. But we would have to wait in line outside. Hmmm. We read e-mail for hours. We walked to the lodge about 3:30. We waited for the shuttle and then rode it (overpowering with the smell of disinfectant) to the visitors center. We walked around looking at native american exhibits and geological displays. We watched the movie, which talked about the geological and human history of the area. They said the night sky is particulary good in Bryce Canyon. I looked at shirts, but my size was sold out. Chris talked to one of the employees about their federal housing.

Then we went across the street, and caught the shuttle back. We walked to the general store. I found a t-shirt in my size and Chris found bananas for me. They had quite a collection of foods and other things campers would need. Then we checked out and went back to the room. I watched videos about the latest news.

Then we got dressed and walked to Ebenezer Barn and Grill for dinner. We reserved seats yesterday and indicated which meal we wanted. They were all the same except for the meat. I got salmon and Chris got the vegetarian, which meant that he had a baked potato instead. Sides included baked beans, coleslaw, and mashed potatoes. I picked up a dessert so Chris could have an extra. We were seated with a nice older couple having their 3 month anniversary. As we ate, the live band played country music. Most of the songs I did not know, nor could I tell what the words were. If we were sitting up front, we would have been blasted by the speakers. There was an electronic screen behind them which was showing old west scenes and advertisements. The last song was Country Roads. It made me cry because I remember playing it with Dad on the stage of Chrysler Hall.

I walked back with Chris, chilly. I made tea, and we watched one episode of Lucifer. Then I drank the tea and took melatonin. I jotted notes for today, and posted for yesterday. (I forgot to mention that William called twice today. His anniversary was yesterday).

No comments: