Tuesday, October 26, 2021

The things you hear in church

Sunday

We woke up late. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. I took a shower and got dressed for church. I read e-mail until it was time to leave. We drove to the chapel and had a few minutes to chat before the service started.

While we were singing the first songs, the colonel and his family came in. When the chaplain started speaking, he warned them that the subject matter was a bit intense for children. Indeed, it was about one of David's sons raping his half-sister. It was a bit intense for me.

After the service, we talked to the colonel's wife. Then Chris joined Brian in talking with the colonel. The colonel gave me some stuff for the swap shop. Then we went home so Chris could game with the voices.

I changed my clothes, then made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail while Chris gamed. I washed dishes in the sink. He put potatoes in the oven, then helped me carry the carpet cleaner over to Rusty's house. I read e-mail until time to go walking. I met Jenni and Grace. Then we walked around the school block. I saw extra pumpkins at Jenni's door and knew that Jaime had been there with the pumpkin wagon. I drove home and Jenni arrived soon after, bringing back my tallest shepherd's hook. I promised to see her again tomorrow for walking.

I went back to watching news videos. Later I made tea and we watched two episodes of Person of Interest. I fell asleep on the couch. Chris pulled clean sheets out of the dryer and made the bed. I posted to my blog and did some stretches, then went to bed. I did not use the headphones because I thought I could fall asleep faster on my own, but that was not the case.

No comments: