Saturday, October 2, 2021

The pumpkin project

Thursday: I heard my alarm ring at 7:30. I did some tapping because I did not want to get up and face stuff that has to be done today. I got up at 8. I went outside to check the plants after a 29 degree night. They seemed to be ok. I brushed and swished and made lemon water. I took the green-wrapped toilet paper pumpkin from the bathroom and re-wrapped it in orange. Then I looked for the sample sewn pumpkin and its pattern pieces. All I found was the pumpkin so I had to go online to find and print the pattern.

At 10:30 I went to the garden to uncover the tomato and squash plants (the peppers are frosted). Then I went to the ACS building to ask Rusty for some polyfill which they have on hand for some reason. He let me have as much as I wanted, then invited me to have a slice of a cantaloupe that he grew. It was delicious and I asked if he had any seed left. We talked for awhile, and then I went to the library to get some books to read on the trip.

I went home and made breakfast. Chris never showed up for lunch. I listened to The HighWire. Dr. Geert VandenBosch said we need all the unvaccinated people we can get in order to reach true herd immunity. Some kids going for flu shots were accidentally given covid shots.

I dug up some gopher mounds and filled them with dog dukey. I also watered the outdoor plants. I walked to the post office at 4 and all I got was a package of two small screwdrivers. I took a pic of the fabric pumpkins and posted it for the class on Saturday.

I ate a hurried supper, then tied a scarf around my waist to hold up my pants. I drove to the garden and covered the plants. Diane did not show, but I saw Jenni walking so I joined her. Half way around, we met Rusty and Kristen. They walked around the block with us. Jenni turned back when we reached the garden turnoff. I walked them home, then came back for my car. I went home and listened to interviews while piecing puzzles on Jigsawplanet.com. One interview was with a man who wrote a book proposing LBJ as the man behind JFK's assasination. Joe Kennedy made deals with the mafia to get JFK elected over Nixon in 1960, but John would not honor the deals.

Chris came home from supper with the colonel and other dignitaries. It was too late to watch TV. I finished the interview and posted to my blog. I was parched from not having tea, but it was too late to drink much. I finished my book and went to bed.

No comments: