Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Releasing stuff from the swap shop

Monday

I woke up hearing Reveille, but went back to sleep. Then I heard the 7:30 alarm, and dozed until the 8:30 alarm. I got up, having slept well - no RLS. I watered the plants. Chris turned on the router. I read about inhaling a mist of H2O2 to kill viruses in the lungs. The same site (Earth Clinic) noted the experiences of lots of people who get sinus trouble after eating ice cream. It is thought to be something in the 'natural flavors'. From the site I made a list of things to try next time I get RLS.

I went to the garden to uncover the tomatoes and pick up the water container. Back home, I checked my phone and saw a pic of the sweet potato Johnnie had just dug up. I texted back then started making breakfast. When she replied, I put some tomatoes in a bag and went over there. Brian was outside so I asked him about picking up some wood for me. Then I went to the door. Johnnie let me in. I gave her the tomatoes and we talked for awhile. Brian came in for water and joined the conversation. He wanted to go to the swap shop so I agreed to meet him there after breakfast.

I jogged home and finished making breakfast. I read e-mail as I ate. I texted Johnnie, then walked out toward the swap shop. She and Brian picked me up on the way. I let them in with my key and he went through the boxes and made a pile of stuff. We all carried stuff out to his car. They drove home and I walked back.

Chris was ready to go. I put a few more things on the shopping list and we went to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. In addition to the usual places, I went to Joanns and the dollar store. I got wreath forms and tulle for class. In Luckeys, people were buying flats of soup. Because of snow? Then we went home. I brought the food in and we put it away. Then I boiled water and poured it into jars which were inside padded plastic containers. They were more padded than yesterday to stop the heat from leaking out so fast. I also got two old towels to wrap them in. Then I dressed warmly and went to the garden. I placed the boiled water containers, picked as many tomatoes as I could, then covered it all up as best I could. I could see the wind blowing the sheets out of place, so I went home for more sheets and safety pins. I went back to the garden and covered the open spots as best I could. Then I gave them over to God and went home.

It was almost 6:30. I sent Jenni a message saying it was too cold to walk. I brought in a bunch of outdoor potted plants. I had some leftover fish for supper, plus seed crackers with mashed avocado. I read articles, updated my mp3 tracks, then made tea. Chris was dealing with impending weather influences on job opening times tomorrow morning. Snow is expected. So we got a late start on watching TV. But he still elected to watch two episodes of Person of Interest. Then we dressed the bed with clean sheets. I listened to a few interviews, then posted to my blog and read for a while before going to bed.

Flights are being diverted for pilots or passengers having chest pain. A pilot died during flight and had told the copilot that he just got his second shot. Unjabbed crew say they don't feel well when working with jabbed crew.

No comments: