Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Cleaning out the garden

Sunday

I got up and searched for the thing I wear around my neck, but it was lost. I went back to bed. I noted that the Air Doctor had red lights on. After Chris got up, I got up and made lemon water. I read e-mail, including a deposition by Dr. Jane Ruby detailing all the ways in which the mrna vaccines have not been properly tested or reviewed. I looked up books of duets for bass clef. I looked up the manual for the Air Doctor and was able to turn the red lights off. I washed up and got dressed for church.

We arrived during the first hymn. We took our seats, then stood and sang, sort of, not knowing the tunes. The chaplain spoke about King David losing his first son by Bathsheba. Afterward, I spoke to Eileen and then we left. Not many people had come and those that did left quickly. When we got home, I changed my clothes, then made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail, then ate a bowl of the split pea soup that Chris made. I looked up how to lower the flame on the lowest setting (for simmering). I tried it but my tiny screw driver was not long enough.

Late in the afternoon, I went outside to flatten some gopher mounds and bait the tunnels. Then I went to the garden to take up all the shoestrings that were used to tie up the tomato plants. I needed a fork to loosen the knots. I also picked up more of the large stones that I used to hold down the sheets, and put all the tomato cages in the gardening shed. As I was about to leave, Heather walked up and started a conversation. She left just before 6:30. So I rushed home to drop off the shoestrings, stones, and five gallon bucket. Then I headed to Jenni's house to join the ladies for a walk. Instead of going around the block, we walked to Rusty's house. He had put out 4 chairs and Grace wanted them. She called her husband to come get them, and we walked back to Jenni's house. Then I went home.

I read an article saying the federal mandate for businesses hasn't gone into effect yet. As soon as it does, many AG's are poised to sue. I made a salad for supper. I read e-mail until Chris was ready. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Dr. Blake. I swished while posting to my blog and reading more e-mail, then went to bed.

* This is Jenni and her Grinch-style wreath *

No comments: