Sunday, October 10, 2021

On the way home

Saturday: We slept in. RLS did not bother me. We got up after 8. We washed up and walked to the lodge for breakfast. Standing in line, Chris asked me for a $5 so he could get ones. But I didn't have my wallet. So when we left after eating, we did not leave a tip. We paid with a hotel voucher.

We packed up, then read e-mail until 10:30. Then we moved our stuff to the car and looked around the room to make sure nothing was forgotten. We left the card keys on the dresser and shut the door.

Chris programmed the GPS in his phone and we headed out. We listened to more of the book on CD. Actually there are five books in the CD set, which is good so we didn't run out. His GPS messed up several times, but we made it back to base in 4 hours. We stopped at the post office. Chris went in and came out with a pile of packages as well as mail. Then we went home. Chris' first stop was the bathroom. I was glad to be back in a place with two bathrooms. After my pit stop, I unloaded as much of the car as I could. I opened the packages from the mail, and put away food from the trip. I also unpacked my suitcase. I looked around our property and saw that it had rained and there was an explosion of gopher activity. Sigh.

I boiled water and put it in a bubblewrap-lined container. I took it to the garden and put it among the tomato vines. Then I covered them with the sheets, which were soaked from the rain. I crossed my fingers and went home.

I called Johnnie to let her know we were back. She sounded like she had been napping, so I did not talk long. Then I called Diane and Jenni to see if they wanted to walk at 6:30. I ate some seed crackers with salsa, then jotted notes for my blog.

I arrived at the garden just as Diane was walking up. Soon Jenni drove up as well. The three of us walked around the school block and back to the garden. We kept talking for awhile and I got cold. Then we dispersed.

When I got home, I read more e-mail. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Person of Interest. Afterward, I brushed my teeth and listened to part of a presentation on the vaccine research, then went to bed about midnight.

Vaccine doesn't stay in the arm like it was supposed to, trains your system to find spike so well that your system is less able to find variants, saves lives from covid but takes lives through side effects.

No comments: