Sunday, April 24, 2022

A quilting challenge

Saturday

We slept in. Chris kept getting texts about the gov't internet being down. He thought it was hacked. I was relieved to find the civilian system was still up.

I read e-mail, then got dressed and went to the swap shop at 10. The lady I opened it for said she had been waiting since 9. I could have been there earlier had I known. She brought a desk and I tried to help her lift it but it was too heavy. So we slid it on a piece of cardboard.

Afterward, I picked up my packages at the post office and went home. I opened them and pulled out the contents. I continued reading articles, then asked Chris for a massage. He gave me one, then took a shower. I made and ate breakfast.

Faye called. She was with Asha and Asha wants a quilt made of her mother's saris and her father's shirts. I thought it would be a shame to cut up a sari. She'll Skype me next week to show me the saris.

I read until 3, then met Jenni at the school. We walked around the block, taking a slightly longer route so I could look for a tulip that bloomed last year where a house had been torn down. But I didn't see it. I did see lots of trash, which I picked up and threw in the school's trash can. We had a nice chat and agreed to meet tomorrow at the gym.

I wanted to work outside, but it was chilly and windy. I read articles all afternoon. Chris baked brussels sprouts and chicken. I also ate pineapple and jackfruit. I fed sprout peelings to the worms. The wind had died back, so I turned the compost pile and raked over some gopher mounds.

I posted to my blog and made tea. We watched four episodes of Gomer Pyle. I wanted to go to bed, but it had no sheets. So Chris got the sheets from the dryer and we dressed the bed. Then we retired for the evening.

No comments: