Friday, April 8, 2022

The Month of the Military Child

Thursday

I got up around 8. I rinsed and brushed and swished. I measured my fasting blood sugar. I experimented with an eyebrow pencil since my brows are going gray. It did not go well. I read e-mail and took breaks to swallow detox supplements and fix the star on the flag. I wasn't entirely happy with it.

I listened to a podcast on foliar feeding. To make leaf mold tea: soak a bag of smashed organic potato along with 1 cup of leaf mold in 4 gallons of water. Let sit until surface is covered in fine bubbles. Use immediately. Dilute 1 pint to two gallons for application to soil.

I harvested sprouts from the sweet potato and put them in water to encourage root growth. I made and ate breakfast. I started watching The Highwire. Chris came home for lunch. He said the flag fix was not good enough and suggested I re-do it.

I finished The Highwire, then read a book outside in the sun wearing a bathing suit. Afterward, I put on walking shoes and met Jenni at the school. We walked the usual route. Then I drove Jenni to the event, something to do with the month of the military child. Chris was there and introduced me to his new acting deputy. Jason said really nice things about Chris. They had bouncy houses and I asked if there was an age limit. Diane was there as the SARK. She seemed to think I might hurt myself. But I think the real problem would be stress incontinence. There was some kind of signing ceremony and there were cookies, which didn't interest me. Then I took Jenni home.

When I got home, I made salad: mixed greens, tomatoes, radishes, olive oil, vinegar, powdered spearmint, spices, and cheese. I tried one of the dried egg yolks. It was very salty. I cut up the remaining radishes and put them in pickled juice.

I read articles, then cleaned out the back seat of my car and put the vacuum and shampooer in there. I responded to a request to open the swap shop on Saturday. Chris came home with pizza.

I went looking for Steve's office - turns out it was only 3 minutes away, so I was back in 6 minutes. Chris was leaving for some event which was next door to Steve's office. Just as he left, Jamie drove up. She had donations in her truck. I picked out a glass bowl that was perfect for scrambling eggs. I gave her the keys and she took the rest to the swap shop.

I read articles until Chris came back from the end-of-the-exercise party. I wrote my blog post, then heated tea. We watched four episodes of Gomer Pyle and looked up some of the actors. My digestive system was a little uncomfortable, and I wondered what part of the salad was the problem.

We both read e-mail and I headed to bed first. But by the time I finished the nightly routine, he was already in bed.

No comments: