Friday, April 29, 2022

Goat milk is so cheesy

Thursday

I got up at 7:30. I checked on the ferments, the worms and the plants. A moth came out of the worm bin. I chased it down but lost it on a bookshelf.

I heated a jar of goats milk, then added vinegar and let it form curds. I pulled out most of the whey with a quarter cup measure, then poured it into a seed sprouter and separated the rest of the whey from the curds. I read e-mail, then cheesed the other jar of goat milk, this time with lemon juice instead of vinegar. I think vinegar did a better job. I added some to the ferments.

I went through more e-mail. I learned that young tumbleweed sprouts are edible. I wondered if they would make a good FPJ fertilizer. I made breakfast and ate it while watching The Highwire. I paused it to read outside, then watched the rest. Someone suggeseted checking a site called farmmatch.com to find farms in your area.

I met Jenni at 4 to walk, then went to the library to get a book on CD. I headed home, waving at my neighbor who was at the ice cream social. I read e-mail until Michelle called. She told me about her efforts to get the U-Jam class going. She wanted to talk to Chris. I told her to write it all down.

After the call, I changed into pants. I went to the swap shop to lock it and visit with Tonja. She did a good job organizing things. Then I went to the community club to pick up pizza for Chris. Evelyn was there and asked for a sweet potato plant. Michelle was there, too and said hi. I took the pizza home and left it on the stove. I read e-mail. Chris came home from work. I mentioned that Michelle wanted to talk to him about U-Jam. He said his team told him she went about it all wrong.

I made a salad and ate it while listening to a presentation on menopause. I jotted notes for my blog and posted it. I made tea and we watched the original Heaven Can Wait. It was lovely seeing all the fabric in those rich houses and the gowns of the women at the dances. It ended at 11:30. I noticed a package that was delivered to our front porch earlier today. I also noticed the word 'refrigerate', so Chris opened it and I took the bottle out and put it in the fridge. Then we both went to bed.

No comments: