Monday, April 25, 2022

Sauna and dominoes

Sunday

We slept late. After the usual morning stuff, I made banana-oatmeal cookies for church. Then I took shower. I read e-mail all morning, then made breakfast and dressed for church.

I took the cookies to church. Pastor Josh gave the sermon. After the service, I opened the container and the kids were first in line. Sgt King spoke to me about the difficulty of getting hymns to play for church.

I took the remaining cookies and went home. I finished off the pineapple and the jack fruit, making space in the fridge. I changed my clothes, and read articles. Then I went to the gym to workout with Jenni and Michelle. Afterward, we sat in the sauna, chatting. After an hour we got out. Michelle played sample music from Ujam and showed me the moves. It was not for me.

I came home, and changed clothes. I ate leftovers for supper. I read e-mail, and jotted notes. We went to Michelle's house to play dominoes. We got there just after 6:30 with the remaining cookies. She had a fruit and cheese tray. She also brought out a dragonfruit and we shared that. We talked for a while, and then she got out the dominoes. The kids were in bed. The four of us played for an hour. We were going to leave at 8, but the conversation kept going and it was quarter of 9 before we left. She invited me to the Family History thing in Salt Lake City. She said I could look up all my relatives. I wondered if Yvonne had already done that.

When we got home, I heated tea and we watched two episodes of Gomer Pyle. While we were watching, the colonel texted Chris about working out at 5:30. So Chris went to bed after that, and I stayed up to post to my blog.

No comments: