Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Pounding charcoal

Monday

Chris got up early to work out, then came back to get ready for work. I waited until I was sure he was gone to get up. I rinsed, brushed, swished, and started a detox supplement routine. I found two more dead worms. I wondered why they crawled out. If only they could speak to me...

I watered the plants. I read e-mail, including a documentary on the CIA. I called Brian to ask how best to crush charcoal. After the call, I tried a rolling pin, but I didn't have enough weight to make it work. So I hammered charcoal pieces, just like last year. Jamie came over with a farming friend to check out the rocks I have collected from the gophers.

I made and ate breakfast. I watched a video about the 3 sigma event in food production, i.e. food production facilities catching fire, or blowing up, or being hit by planes.

I read in the sun, taking advantage of the good weather. I pounded more charcoal. Then I went over to Michelle's house to wash windows. We only did one window, using the pink stuff. There was still mottling on the window. Sigh. We walked with Jenni around the school block.

I put a bucket of the charcoal from last year in the trunk of my car. I went to the garden and spread it around. I raked the gopher mounds, and got things generally flat. Using the rake, I forked tumbleweeds over the fence. But I still got tiny splinters in my fingers.

When I got home, I added milk to my rice water ferments. Michelle came by with a bottle of Pellegrino, which I needed for the bottle. She would not let me pay her. I gave her the jar formerly filled with goat milk and she said she would bring me more.

I made a salad, and read e-mail. I called Faye to see how she was doing after her mastectomy. Then I wrote an e-mail to let family know. I posted to my blog, made tea, and we watched several episodes of Gomer Pyle. Chris spent some time trying to get the little splinters out of my hand. Even dripping wax on it and peeling it off did not remove the offending bit of plant material.

I followed Chris to bed, but got up later to finish a podcast. My back was hurting when I went to bed, so I put a lidocaine patch on it and did a lot of tapping. Then I laid me down to sleep.

* These are places where food production facilities have been seriously damaged or destroyed. *

No comments: