Saturday, April 30, 2022

TGIF, but Chris worked anyway

Friday

My sleep was troubled by hot flashes, but must have subsided at some point because I woke up at 8. I checked on the worms and the ferments. Chris told me that there were two more probiotic bottles in the insulated box he opened last night. Sigh. He got ready and went to work.

Jenni called to give me a list of things she wants from Jo-anns. She also wants two of each sprout. I listened to more talks on menopause nutrition. I checked Telegram messages. I learned from a comment that you can cook bacon and eggs in a paper bag on a grill. I made and ate breakfast. I put on an old bathing suit and read outside in the sun. I used the shed door to block the wind. I listened to an interview on China. I checked out Sharebay.org, which is like Ebay but is free. I tried calling Chris but his phone did not pick up. I read e-mail for awhile. The WHO submitted a proposal that would give the WHO the authority over every country's pandemic response. No more recommendations, but de facto law.

I called Chris again. This time I got through. He said he'd be back in an hour, but I thought it was too late then to go to Tooele so we decided to go tomorrow instead. Now having the rest of the afternoon free, I made seed crackers. While they were baking, I made more of the mixes for next time. Then I parsed out supplements for the next two weeks. It was a long involved process. Chris called back to say he was back at the office, but the colonel wanted him to go with him to Tooele to pick up pizza for a get-together at the colonel's house. Sigh. I said ok.

I went outside to pull up old tumbleweed stalks. I tried raking them, but pulling them by hand gave a better result.

I made and ate a salad. I added to the shopping list. I siphoned off the whey from the biggest ferment. I put a Tbl in each of 4 gallons of water. One gallon went to the charcoal bucket. The other three I took to the garden and dispersed them. I walked to the post office to pick up the mail. I listened to a presentation on autism and its increasing prevalence. Austistic children have a lot of co-morbidities, so their average lifespan is half of the normal.

I posted to my blog. I saw yet another meme for Johnny Depp so I looked up an article to find out what all the fuss was about. I called Chris and had trouble getting through. He said he'd be home soon. An hour later, I called again. He said he was just leaving. It was after 10 till he got home. I was fit to be tied. He listened patiently and apologized and gave his reason for staying late. I figured he had been drinking and the scent of his breath confirmed it. Then we watched two episodes of Gomer Pyle and went to bed.

No comments: